Chapter 38 - The Final Desicion

Sometimes, good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

♟♟♟♟♟

"Let the trial commence!"

As soon as those words were spoken, my whole body froze as I eyed the men in front of me.

The one who spoke has auburn hair and is dressed in trendy clothing. Judging from the sly smirk in his face, I can feel that this one is the mischievous type.

He pointed a finger at me. "You, Aria Torres is accused of brea--" He stopped himself then chuckled. "I can't do this-- This is too amusing." I can't help but glare at the guy. Here I was worrying in my seat, wondering how my fate will end but this goofball is joking around.

"Shut up, Jegudiel. Go home and die." The cold one flatly stated. His face showed boredom and irritation as he glowers at the auburn haired goofball.

"Buzzkill." The goofball named Jegudiel mutters.

"Can we just get this over with? Bring Aria back to her family and take me back to the other world." Dani interjects, her attitude already in show as she seats on the chair looking high and mighty.

I scoffed to hide the nervousness I was feeling inside. "Other world? As in the Underworld? Then I'll gladly escort you." I retorted.

She glared at me. "You still have the guts to answer me eventhough you're on the verge of going back to your world."

"Newsflash! It's your world, too. In case, you've forgotten, you jealous bitch."

"Oooohhh." Someone interjects from the eight men.

Dani sneered. "My world is here, Aria! You two-faced bit--"

"Hold it!" I yelled, standing up. "I'm the two-faced bitch now? Wasn't it you? You backstabbing, desperate bitch!" I screamed at her face.

Hurt flashed in her eyes but she quickly covered it with a murderous glare then stood up from her seat also. "Akashi was mine! You always take everything from me, you attention-seeker. You don't deserve to b here! You don't deserve Akashi!"

I slapped her. Hard. It was kind of an outlet for everything she did and said. "Wake up! Your world doesn't revolve around me, Dani! Do you think I have a life that's full of rainbows and butterflies?! Stop this jealousy bullshit and move on! There are better things for you to do than mess with my life!" I yelled, slapping her again.

"I hate you!" She yelled furiously. Tears streaming down her face as she continues to glare at me. One hand cupped on her cheek that I slapped. "You've always been the center of attention, Aria. You always get the things I wanted in life. You always look perfect in everyone's eyes but in reality, you're not! Why can't anybody see that?!"

I sighed, pitying her internally. "You're deluded, Dani." I chuckled bitterly. "If I always get everything then why is my Dad with your mom?" She looked surprised at my revelation. "You'd think I didn't saw that picture hidden in your unit? Did I ever blame you for my misfortune?"

Dani lives alone. Her mom is in London working at a modelling agency. Her mom was my mom's best friend but one day, my mom stopped talking to Dani's mom. I only knew it a year later after my parents' divorce.

I smiled sadly. "Your mom took the most important man in my life, Dani. What's worse, you knew it all along and you didn't bother to tell me. Back then, I always put you first because I knew you were always sad. I didn't do anything wrong, Dani! Did I even hated you? No! I admit, I was disappointed but I can't hate you. Even now."

"Aria..." She mumbled.

Tears fell freely from my eyes as I looked at her with a stern look. "Now, tell me, Dani. What did I took from you to deserve such antagonistic actions from you? If it was anything important, then I'll understand but if it's something trivial and insignificant then that's plain selfishness, Dani."