chapter six

"Kuroko!"

I sprinted towards Kuroko who seemed so engaged in his book to not bother reply. "Kuroko." My arm snaked his shoulders and pulled him closer to me. He seemed so surprised when he saw me.

"Ah! Aria-san." he droned, blinked his eyes once. We both stopped walking. "What is it?"

I grinned and tightened my grip on his shoulders. "Don't 'what is it' me, you little rascal! Congrats on the great game!"

His head tilted slightly in question. "But you didn't watch yesterday."

"I watched it, dummy," I replied. My lips curled into a disguting pout. "I had a headache yesterday but I still watched it!"

"I see." what an uninteresting conversation.

I sighed and removed my arm from his shoulder then looped my arm around his instead. He didn't look uncomfortable. Makes me suddenly want to see what makes him change the emotion on his face. "So..." I drawled, "who's the next opponent?"

He looked at me, closed his book and sighed." Kirisaki Dai Ichi." He responded while putting the book back in his bag. For some reason, he looked bothered by it.

"Is there something wrong, Kuroko-kun?" I asked, concerned. Kuroko might not say much but he was kinda off. His clenched fists were noticeable. Kirisaki Dai Ichi. I remember them. They were one of the teams I had a vision of last night.

"Nothing."

"Don't worry, you'll win it for sure!" I tried to sound as cheerful as possible despite the fact I know how that team works. The visions I had last night made me cry I had to admit. What they did to Kiyoshi-senpai is unforgiveable.

His lip twisted into a small smile, "I hope so."

"I couldn't even stomach the thought of that team of cheaters winning against Seirin." I slipped, my worry of Seirin facing such a sadistic team.

He turned to me. His brows furrowed in confusion as he frowned. "How did you know about them?"

I shrugged nonchalantly as a response. "I do my own research, too."

It was something I used to cope with the visions I kept seeing every time. Instead of hurting my brain, I use it as an advantage to learn more things and hopefully, find my missing link with Dani.

It was kind of odd. You see, the memories would flood in but it's still vague. And I remember not seeing myself on those 'memories'. I don't know. It's hard to explain but the scenes that would repeat in my head seem familiar like I've seen it somewhere but there is this feeling that I felt like I don't belong in that scene. Weird, isn't it?

"I see," Kuroko replied for the second time today. In text forms, he's saying 'K'. Way to end the conversation. "Are you going to watch the game though?"

An audible sigh escaped my lips. "I can't. I'm sorry, Kuro-kun. I have something to do." I tried to give a smile as an apology. Maybe my cuteness will earn me forgiveness.

His eyebrows raised a little. Just a little bit. The expressions he show are really subtle. "Kuro-kun?"

"It's my nickname for you! Isn't it cute?"

The side of his lip quirked up in the slightest bit. "Whatever you say, Aria-san."

I poked his cheek while making sounds that I hoped will sound cute, too. "But it's cute, isn't it. Admit it!"

He chuckled and swatted my hand gently. He opened his mouth to say something but someone beat him to it.

"Kuroko! Practice!"