60. Love Can Be Easy

Start from the beginning

"It's true" I said and she laughed, letting me leave and go down to Heath's room.

Of course, they were both engrossed in some video game on Heath's tv. They didn't hear me open the door and I smiled as they showed their true friendship, something I prayed would stick.

"Ahem" I cleared my throat, making my presence known. Both of them whipped around, the game instantly paused as Heath stood and walked to me, pulling me into a hug.

"How was it?" He asked.

"Todd's mom is, interesting" I said and Heath snickered.

"She's a bitch, always has been. Or at least she always has been for my life" He said and I laughed.

"I was trying to make it nice but trust you to tell the blunt truth" I said and he laughed, kissing my temple.

"Don't let me interrupt your game. I'm gonna head to my room and draw." I said and Heath grabbed my hand as I tried to walk away, pulling me back into him.

"Grab your book and draw in here? I like hanging out with you and Zane together" He whispered, kissing my hair. I smiled and nodded, letting his hand go and walking towards my room to dump my school things and change into comfy clothes before heading back to Heath's room with a sketch book and my pencils and pens.

"I didn't think you owned casual clothes" Zane said with a laugh as I sat on Heath's bed. The two of them sat at the foot of the bed so I made myself comfortable up on his pillows. Heath turned to look at me, his smile disappearing as soon as he saw me.

"Yeah, didn't think you wore an XL men's tank top. Or that you bought clothes from Salty Crew either" Heath said, pointing out that I was wearing his shirt, the same one I had been wearing since I'd been here. It was the one I liked the most, not on him just in general. It was a tank top and Heath didn't look great in tanks anyway so I claimed it for myself.

I smiled with a shrug.

"Finders keepers?" I said and he rolled his eyes as Zane laughed.

"It makes me mad that it looks better on you" He said and I smiled, looking down and continuing the drawing I had been working on.

"Holt, what the hell is that on your rib?" Zane asked, me realising that my tattoo was able to be seen as the arm holes on this shirt were massive.

"Uh, my new tattoo?" I said, it coming out as more of a question. Zane looked at Heath, highly confused and Heath sighed.

"She's out of control man, I'm not even going to try reason with her about it" He said with a defeated smile, it being a joke. I laughed as Zane shook his head.

"I don't even know who you two are anymore" He said with a laugh.

"I think we've influenced each other into becoming each other. I mean, I'm studying and passing and Al is fighting Todd and getting tattoos" Heath said with a laugh.

"I don't know which is worse, me becoming you or you becoming me" I joked as Heath rolled his eyes and threw something at me from on the bed.

"Ew!" I screeched, realising it was a pair of his underwear.

"Relax, they're clean" He laughed, grabbing them off me and sniffing them. I watched his face drop and felt myself gag slightly.

"Or not" Zane laughed as Heath threw them towards his laundry hamper.

"That's the grossest thing I've ever seen" I said with a shudder.

"You've obviously never seen Zane in his underwear then" Heath said with a smirk, Zane slapping him and me groaning.

"You two disgust me! Why did I agree to hang out in your room?" I asked and Heath laughed, leaning over and kissing my lips.

"Why did I agree to hang out? Gross, keep it PG" Zane joked and Heath glared at him.

"Watch it, I'm sure there's more dirty underwear around here I can throw" He said and Zane held his hands up in defeat, still laughing.

"Alright, have some guy time and pretend I'm not here" I said, grabbing my sketch book and going back to what I was previously working on. The boys shrugged and went back to their video game. I looked to the door and saw Cori looking in, tears in her eyes as she smiled.

She must have missed the sound of Heath having friends around and being happy.

"Thank you" She mouthed to me, before walking away. I smiled with a single nod as I went back to my drawing.

"Alright we're bored of this now" Heath announced, shutting it off and siting next to me, laying over my lap and my sketch book.

"Sure, I'll put my book away." I said sarcastically, pushing him off me. He groaned and sat up, looking to Zane with a grin.

"I'm afraid to know what that means." I said with a shudder.

"Wanna help me cook dinner?" He asked and Zane rolled his eyes with a groan.

"Heath, you know I hate cooking!" He protested and Heath shrugged.

"Come on! You love it!" He said and Zane sighed.

"Yeah, whatever then" He said, the two of them standing.

"I'll come help too. Well, Zane and I can watch while you do all the work" I said to Heath who shrugged, happy with that outcome.

Well holy shit.

I knew my eyes were opened wide and weren't closing anytime soon.

"Heath, this is amazing" I whispered as we sat down to eat. He shrugged.

"I enjoy making food. My grandma used to teach me" He said.

"She sure did, then Heath got so good he began teaching Grandma" Cori said with a cheeky wink as she sat at the table.

"Dad's not gonna make it home for dinner" She said to Heath who nodded.

"I'll put a plate aside for him. He loves my enchiladas" He said and she nodded with a smile.

"What other secrets are you keeping from me Hussar?" I asked, looking at him as he shrugged.

"You find out I can cook, I find out you can kick asses. Let's call it even" He said and I felt myself blush all over.

"I'm never going to live this down am I?" I asked and they all shook their heads.

"Not as long as these idiots are around to remind you anyway" Cori said and I laughed, shaking my head.

"You don't mind though, do you?" Heath asked and I shook my head, still smiling.

"Of course not, now that you guys are afraid to push me around. Like I said, I almost wish I'd done it sooner" I joked.

I was annoyed it had taken Todd and I fist fighting to get to this point but hey, you have to do bad shit to get the good stuff sometimes.

And if this is the good stuff, I'll do anything to keep it around.

Fluffy chapter before all the usual drama ensues again. These next few chapters are some that I have been dying to post! I cant wait :D