Kakashi the Babysitter.

Kakashi's day started out completely normally. He trained with Kurenai and Asuma, argued with Gai and Asuma, and read several pages of the same Icha Icha book that he's been reading for years. Then, the Seventh Hokage called him to his office.

"Oi, Naruto!" He called, turning a page in his book as he opened the door to the office. His eyes briefly left the page as he eyed his student.

Naruto looked up from his overwhelming piles of paperwork and a smug grin passed over his face. "Hey, Kakashi-sensei."

Kakashi raised an eyebrow, looking back down at his book. He could be reading Icha Icha right now... but something told him that Naruto was planning something. A suspicious look entered his expression, and he snapped his book shut, slipping it in his pocket and crossing his arms skeptically.

"How's it going, Hokage-sama?" He asked mockingly. "What does the Lord Hokage want with a lowly Jonin?"

"Oh, nothing much..." the Hokage sat back in his chair, running a hand through his blonde hair cut short. He got a subtly dismayed look on his face that Kakashi was convinced was fake. As Naruto grew, he'd learned the art of subtle manipulation, but wasn't very good at it, so Kakashi could tell immediately when he was exercising it.

"Hm." Kakashi grunted, not believing it for a second. "What's wrong, Naruto?"

"Well..." Naruto looked at Kakashi pleadingly with those big blue eyes, but before he could continue, the door to his office opened. "Teme?" Sasuke came through and nodded to Naruto. He looked tired. Poor guy had probably been busy before Naruto called him.

"Hn. Dobe." He said rather dismissively, then addressed Kakashi. "Hey Kakashi."

"Sasuke." Kakashi dipped his head, inwardly sighing at his student's formality. He, personally, would try to give his student a hug if he wasn't so sure that Sasuke was in on whatever was going on around here.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Sasuke looked at Naruto. Kakashi's eyes widened. Huh, I guess I was wrong. Sasuke isn't in on it. "Sorry I'm late, got caught up with Dobe Jr."

When Boruto became Sasuke's disciple, Kakashi was very surprised. He'd always assumed that Naruto's children would enheirit his dream of being Hokage, but no, Boruto wanted the exact opposite. Instead, it was Sarada, Sasuke's brilliant daughter, that followed in Naruto's footsteps. Not that that was a problem, her uncle Itachi wanted to be Hokage at one point. It would be good to have a good Uchiha on the throne. A welcome change.

Naruto shrugged. "Doesn't really matter what time you get here, just that you come."

"What's up, and how does this involve me?" Kakashi raised an eyebrow. "This is cutting into my reading time."

Sasuke rolled his eyes, coming to a stop standing beside Kakashi before Naruto's desk. "You've been reading the same book for almost 30 years."

"Not true!" Kakashi protested, frowning. "It's a series. The books all look the same."

Sasuke glared at his teacher. "Yes, I am so, so sorry. You've been reading the same SERIES for 25 years." He amended, before turning to Naruto. "Seriously, dobe, what do you want?"

"I need a break." Naruto groaned, leaning back in his chair and rubbing his eyes tiredly. "I haven't seen Hinata in weeks, and it's killing me."

Kakashi felt a pang of sympathy for his former student, but played it off. "You're saying that you dragged me up here to complain to me about a job that I've already had and know all about?"

"You are the Sixth Hokage." Naruto shrugged, as if Kakashi would know what to do about it.

"Was." Kakashi corrected, narrowing his eyes, not liking where this was going. "I'm retired, in case you forgot."