NOVE

MAY 20th, 2018.

"So, why am I here, querida irmã?" The youngest Medici asked Adelina. They were together in Adelina's garden in Milan. Claudia noticed how Adelina was nervous, her face was pale and she was starting to sweat slightly.

"So, as you know, the Champions League Final is soon," Adelina paused, taking a deep breath and closing her eyes. "As the new sponsors of the Bernabéu, I have to be in Kiev for the game. I'm having dinner with the team a day before."

"Oh," Claudia bit her lip when she noticed why her sister was nervous. "You don't want to meet him, do you? Look, Lina, I get that you don't want to, but you have to meet him. You should've thought of that before you sighed the contract with Florentino."

"I-I thought about it, I really did! But I didn't consider it to be a big issue, I thought I could handle it," she exhaled heavily. "I don't know what to do."

"Here's what you'll do. You'll go to that dinner, dressed in the hottest dress a businesswoman can wear, and you'll slay that pathetic excuse of a man. You won't give him any attention, Adelina! He doesn't deserve you, show him that you don't care. You'll have fun without him. You'll have fun with important people, unlike him because he's irrelevant and pathetic. Come on now, we're going shopping."

✴︎

"Claudia! That's too revealing, I'm a mother! I'm having dinner with business partners, I'm not going to a strip club!" Adelina gasped when her sister handed her a dress in the fitting room.

"Just try it on," Claudia dismissed her with a wave of her hand. Adelina shook her head at Claudia and started ranting, not that Claudia was listening.

"Last time you dressed me, Mattia was conceived! God, Claudia, if I lose this business deal because of you, you've got no idea how much I'm going to hurt you! Do you have any idea how important that deal with Pérez is for our companies? I'm going to finally crush Dad's rivals and I'll become the most successful woman in all of Europe! If I lose that deal because of a damned dress—"

Adelina stopped talking when she looked at herself in the mirror. She let out a shaky breath. The caramel-colored Roberto Cavalli dress reached her mid-thighs. It hugged her body perfectly, and it wasn't as revealing as it looked. Just a little bit of cleavage appeared; it was a beautiful, elegant dress that made her look gorgeous.

"Show me!" Claudia yelled from outside. "You've stopped talking, which means you're looking at yourself in the mirror. I want to see you!"

Hesitantly, Adelina opened the door with a roll of her eyes. She cleared her throat and looked at Claudia with a small smile. Claudia squealed and clapped her hands. "Yes! We're definitely taking this. Change your clothes while we go look for some pretty heels and a bag."

"I don't need a bag, I have a lot," Adelina sighed, stepping out of the fitting room in her clothes. She followed Claudia out of the store and into Jimmy Choo. For the rest of their quick shopping trip, Adelina remained silent and agreed with whatever Claudia picked.

✴︎

adelina  can't take back the love that i gave you

liked by cristiano, cmedici, and 1 345 000 others.

view all 94 000 comments.

cristiano you okay linda?
adelina sure
cristiano wanna talk about it? i'll call you right now
adelina no no, it's alright. just some issues at work but it's nothing i can't handle. obrigada cris
cristiano okay. cuide-se.

cmedici damn wow i'm borrowing your chanel next week!!! why haven't i seen it before?????
adelina just remember to give it back
cmedici bet you won't even notice if i keep it

georginagio que hermosa!

claricealves tão linda

mateokovacic why don't you ever smile? :(
adelina i've changed, teo. haven't you gotten used to it?

✴︎

MAY 25th, 2018.

"Are you nervous?" Cristiano asked once he stepped into Adelina's suite. She bit her lip and nodded as he took a seat on her bed. "Wow. Your room is much bigger than mine, this isn't fair."

"Whatever. Does he know I'm here?" She sighed, turning to look at her long, curled hair in the mirror. Cristiano nodded and hummed as he watched her apply her makeup.

"He's more nervous than you are. I don't know if he's nervous because of the game, or because he's meeting you." The Portuguese said with a chuckle.

"Okay, I shouldn't think of him. Remember, he's irrelevant," Adelina whispered to herself. "I have no reason to worry, he's the one who gave me up. I'm successful, rich, and beautiful. I don't need Marco Asensio."

She turned around and entered her bathroom, dropping her bathrobe to the ground. Adelina quickly wore her dress and slipped on her heels. She grabbed her fur Givenchy coat and her Yves Saint-Laurent clutch. She sprayed on some perfume and turned to Cristiano. "How do I look?" She asked. "I don't look like I came from a strip club, right?"

"Gorgeous," Cristiano nodded. "You look like a completely normal person, Adelina. You're overthinking. You're scared of meeting him, aren't you?"

"No," she scoffed. "I'm just a little nervous. It's the first time since... you know... I really don't want to get any flashbacks when I'm looking at him and end up having a breakdown in front of almost forty men with their wives."

"Florentino knows that you're Marco's ex-wife, yeah?" Cristiano raised his eyebrows.

Adelina shrugged. "I don't know. Even if he knows, it doesn't define who I am today. I, Adelina Medici, am no longer an Asensio as of two years ago. No matter what happens, this will not change. Even if Marco moved mountains for me, I'm never going back to him."

✴︎

[ WORD COUNT — 1009 ]

another chapter because i love you guys 💗 wattpad doesn't want to open the comments i've received last chapter so i'm sorry if i didn't reply to you :(
unedited