TRE

APRIL 7th, 2016.

"Principessa!" Andrea Medici and his Portuguese wife exclaimed once they opened the door and met their granddaughter in the arms of her aunt. Mattia squealed and jumped in their arms. "Nonno e nonna!"

"What are you doing here, Lina? We thought you were visiting with Marco next month," Caterina Alves smiled at her eldest daughter. Adelina lost it once she heard his name. She shook her head and broke down in her sister's arms. Caterina looked at her husband and gave him a confused expression. They sighed and entered the house.

"Let's take you to your room, yes?" Claudia whispered in Adelina's ear. She helped her sister to the elevator which took them to the second floor where her bedroom used to be. Adelina threw herself on her bed and cried in her pillow.

Claudia carefully closed her door. She sauntered down the stairs and found her parents in the garden with Mattia. They looked up at her expectantly, hoping she would explain what happened.

"Marco left them," she began explaining to them. Caterina gasped and her eyes widened. Claudia nodded sadly. "He left her for her friend, Sara dos Santos. You've seen her last year, Mãe. Do you remember her? He has been cheating on Adelina with Sara since Mattia's birthday. They got a divorce today, she asked me to pick her up. But oh, Mãe, you have no idea how broken she is. He kicked them out of the house. They were waiting for me in the street."

"Oh, how could he do that to my daughter!" Andrea hissed angrily. "That asshole has the nerve to dump two of the most precious girls in my life, I'll show him how to mess with—"

"Dad, calm down," Claudia said, glancing at Mattia who was playing with some toys, not paying attention to them. Andrea sighed and took his wife's hand in his. Claudia cleared her throat. "Adelina is pregnant, too. It's a boy."

Their heads shot up and they gasped happily, until they remembered that the father left them. Sad expressions were worn on their faces. Claudia rubbed her eyes. "She's upstairs, crying herself to sleep. God, I feel horrible. I-I should do something, I should be there for her."

"I can't believe it. How can he do that?" Caterina shook her head sadly. "Oy, meu Deus. My poor princesas. We need to take better care of them, Andrea. Especially Adelina, she might lose her baby because of all the stress. I'll try to take her to the doctor tomorrow, yeah? Claudia and I will do everything to help her move on."

Claudia nodded in agreement. "Yes. Excuse me, I have a call," she said, looking at her phone that wouldn't stop vibrating. She walked away in the garden as she answered the call. "Hello?"

"Claudia! Where the hell is your sister?! We were supposed to go out today!" Izabel shrieked. "No one's at home, where did she go?"

"We're in Milan," Claudia cleared her throat. She began explaining the whole issue to her friend, and it's safe to say that Izabel was planning to murder Marco by the end of the call.

✴︎

"Hey," Mateo smiled at his wife once he entered their bedroom in Madrid. Izabel glanced at him and sighed, she continued pacing around the room as she thought of how broken her best friend was. Mateo raised his eyebrows, he would be attacked with hugs and kisses by now. "Um, okay, I don't know what's going on but I'm guessing you don't want to talk now. I'm going to Sergio's, yeah? The rest of the boys are there too."

He quickly kissed her cheek and left the room. That's when Izabel's eyes widened. I'm going to Sergio's, the boys are there too. Then, it hit her. She chuckled to herself, "Oh, Marco Asensio, you're in for a treat."