Planet of the Dead - Three

Nathan looked up to the hill and saw three figures sprinting down it. "At last." He remarked not seeing the slight panic on their faces. "Where've you been?"

"Get inside. Get them sitting down." The Doctor ordered. "Now then, let's have a look." He took the crystal in the metal plates.

"So what does that crystal do?" Christina asked.

"Oh, nothing. Don't need the crystal." The Doctor took it out and tossed the crystal in the sand behind him.

"Oh, I risked my life for that." She looked at him as the Doctor handed two of the clamps to her they both then moved around the bus placing one on each wheel. "No, no. You risked your life for these. The clamps." He said.

"But what are the clamps for?" Christina asked. "Do they turn the wheels?"

" Yeah, something like that." He muttered sitting in the drivers seat the Stone perched on the side of it. " I just need to fix this. Have you got a hammer in that bag?" He asked.

"Funnily enough." She muttered reaching into her bag.

"Can I have the phone please." He said to the Stone who brought it out pressing redial to call Malcolm then held the phone to his ear. "Malcolm, it's me."

"I'm ready."

"Ready for what?" The Time Lords both blinked in confusion the Stone then placed it on speaker. "What?"

"I don't know. You tell me."

"We're going to try to get back but listen, there might be something following us. You need to close the wormhole."

"Would that be a compressed burst of feedback on a counter-oscillation, perchance?"

"Oh, Malcolm, you're brilliant." The Time Lords breathed into the phone.

"Coming from you, sir, ma'am that means the world."

"Doctor, Stone." They faintly heard Magambo. "What sort of something? That wormhole is now measuring ten miles and growing. I need to know the exact nature of the threat."

"Sorry, got to go." The Stone quickly replied ending the call and looking at the Doctor who was hitting one of the clamps onto the steering wheel. "Next time you can tell them."

"Done." He nodded then groaned as it began to spark. "It's not compatible. Bus, spaceship, spaceship, bus. I need to weld the two systems together."

"And how do you do that?"

"We need something non-corrosive." The Stone said.

"Something malleable." The Doctor described. "Something ductile."

"Something gold..." She looked at Christina.

"Oh no, you don't." She shook her head.

"Christina, what is it worth now?" The Doctor asked her as Barclay walked up holding out a wristwatch."Hey, hey, use this."

"She said gold." The Doctor repeated.

"It is gold."

"Oh, they saw you coming. Christina." Barclay winced then returned to his seat as the woman reluctantly took the goblet from the rucksack and held it.

"It's over a thousand years old, worth eighteen million pounds." She said looking at the Stone completely serious. "Promise me you'll be careful."

"I promise." The Stone nodded and took the cup then handed it to the Doctor. before adding: "But he doesn't." The Doctor then started to hit the cup with the hammer making the Stone laugh as Christina half-heartedly winced looking at the Time Lord.