The Next Doctor

"Doctor there is no way I am wearing that." The Stone protested taking the large victorian style dress from his hands once again and placing it back in the TARDIS wardrobe. "That's the last time before I go and leave you with Harkness for a week." She warned pointing at him. The Doctor held up his hands knowing that nothing he was going to say would change her mind, or stop her from leaving him with the captain.

"If you won't wear it then fine by me." He shook his head taking her hand. "But we're still going. He grinned. "Nice Christmas break, just the two of us."

"Doctor we live in a Time machine, it could be Christmas every day if we wished it to be."

"That isn't the point." He shook his head pulling her towards the console room.

"Well what is the point then? The Stone raised a brow.

"I just want to have a nice Christmas." He grinned.

"What have you done now?" She groaned sitting down in the jump seat waiting for the explanation and then the apologies that he honestly didn't need to give unless it included him suddenly becoming best friends with a Dalek.

"I have done nothing." He raised his brows at her then walked over sitting beside her and taking her hands before breathing out a large sigh. "I just want to have one last Christmas together before we get Married."

"What would our marriage have anything to do with Christmas?" She chuckled.

"Absolutely nothing." He grinned. "I just want to relax with you and forget about worrying and everything."

"Don't tell me you are going all domestic on me Doctor." She laughed. "And relax? With our history? Our definition of relaxing is running away from the bloody pepper pots."

"That's really not the point." He groaned.

"But alright." She nodded. "One 'relaxing' trip." She grinned.

The Doctor beamed jumping up and running around the console pulling levers and pressing buttons continuing to grin at the Stone who stood there desperately trying to not laugh at how happy the Doctor currently looked.

A moment later the Doctor stepped out of the TARDIS, his arm linked with the Stones. He looked around and nodded smiling, the TARDIS was sitting under an archway as snow fell. "Victorian?" The Stone raised a brow. She saw the dress but wasn't sure if he just wanted her to wear it to tease her about the excessive layers of the dress. The Doctor nodded grinning at her.

"You always said it was your second favourite era." He informed as she nodded. "Victorian Christmas time with real snow." He said holding his hand out as snow fell on it. They walked into a busy market where sellers called out their goods.

"Good afternoon." A police man nodded to them as they continued to stroll though the area.

"Hot chestnuts. Chestnuts." A man at a stall called.

"Oh, tidings of comfort and joy, comfort and joy." A choir sang. "Oh, tidings"

"You there, boy." The Doctor looked at a young boy obviously trying was to make the Stone laugh with an impression of scrooge. "What day is this?"

"Christmas Eve, sir."

"What year?" He asked.

"You thick or something?" The boy looked at him. The Stone smirked at the sight as the Doctor looked quite shocked.