CHAPTER 22

RECAP:

"Yumi-chin~!!!" Ayumi choked in surprise as her uncle suddenly hugged her from behind. He lovingly rubbed his cheek against her while Ayumi furiously tried to get away.

"L-Let me gooooo!" She whined and pushed Satoru's face away from her.

"I'm so proud of you, you actually worked out!!! I knew you were amazing."

Ayumi finally slipped out her uncles grasp and jumped onto Ryoma and hugged him breathing hard.

"Dammit, that wasn't necessary!" She angrily spoke in English. But her anger rises when she saw her uncle staring at everyone in the room with a different expression. She opened her mouth to shout at him but stopped immediately when he started to speak.

"I have an important message with you all."

AYUMI P.O.V.

The dinning room became immediately quiet as all the males turned their attention to my uncle. I quietly slipped into a seat at the table where all of my teammates sat.

Ryoma follows my example and slowly slipped into the empty chair next to me. He gave me a small squeeze on my shoulder before looking at Satoru-San.

"I hope you're all aware that this is the number one camp for teens like you," majority of the people nodded their heads as the tall dark haired male spoke, "We've had multiple pros created at this camp, because of this reason I was chosen to pick a group of young adults who will participate in the World Tennis Championship as Japan's representative."

My eyes widen in shock as I heard the news. World Championship? All the males around me muttered with each other in excitement hearing the news.

"I'm out."

My head snaps towards the voice in shock, why would someone say no? I was going to question but stopped myself when I figured it was Yamato-San who spoke up.

"I knew the World Championship was coming up, but I honestly don't have time to participate in it, I also have some people I need to meet during that time."

Satoru-San nodded in understanding before looking around, "If you're not interested in taking place in the championship you will be allowed to decline it like Yamato did just now. Though if you are interested there are only fifteen spaces, those who prove to be the strongest are the only one who can go."

I paused realizing, "Am I allowed to take place in it since I'm obviously a girl?"

Satoru-San smiled and nodded, "It's uni sex this year to spice it a bit. It's likely you'll end up as the only girl though..."

I nodded in understanding, before waving my hand making Satoru-San continue. A bit bossy but hey, he's my uncle, it's ok.

"Currently we have strings to number 1, from here I'm creating a new string. String number zero."

Hm, Ryoma's in string one right? Does that mean I'm also around one?

"Those who are professionals will automatically go to court number zero, other's..." Satoru-San smirked as he looked around the room, "Will have to crawl up there."

....

....

....

....