Chapter 18 📎

AIDEN

I stir awake, lost to where I am and then I remember that I'm in what used to be my parent's house. Something moves beside me, I look down to see what it was. It's Cara, snuggling closer to me. I don't know when if I'll ever get bored of this. I place a kiss on her forehead. She stirs and her eyes open slowly. She smiles, stretching beside me, pushing against me. I stifle a groan.

"Good morning," she whispers.

"Good morning, baby," I reply.

"I had the best sleep last night," she confesses.

"Hm, I wonder why," I say. "So did I."

"I love you," she whispers against my lips.

"I love you too," I kiss her. "We should get up and get showered."

She groans in annoyance.

"C'mon, Cara," I say getting up. "Babe, I got to get you home before your brothers kill me."

"A little punch won't hurt, Aiden," She says.

"A little punch? Have you seen how your brothers punch me?" I ask.

What the bloody hell! She starts laughing. Literally.

"Yes, I have. I've always found it entertaining," she says.

I gap at her. Entertaining? My ass. I walk around to her side. I pull off the sheets from her covered body. She's wearing the little night gown she was wearing last night.

"Aiden freaking Forbes, give that blanket back right now!" She demands.

"No can do, sweetheart. You're going into that shower," I point to the en suite bathroom.

She closes her eyes and I see her exhale and inhale. When she opens her eyes again they're glowing red. Crap.

"You know you look hot with red eyes."

"Don't push your luck, Aiden," I watch as the red glow of her eyes disappears.

She points up to her eyes. "Sorry about that."

"Don't worry about it," I tell her sincerely. "Now how about that shower?"

She rolls her eyes. "Okay. Lets go."

CARA

CARA

My stomach churns. It feels empty almost like a pit hole or even a black hole. Realization hits me. No. No. No! I cannot be hungry right now. Oh god. Water continues running down mine and Aiden's body. I look up, my eyes more to his neck. I can see his veins popping out. I shake my head. It's just an hallucination, I think to myself.

"Aiden," I whisper. I feel myself starting to hyperventilate.

"Woah, Cara. What's going on?" He says when he finally looks at me.