1

The dance was happening tonight. Will felt like they really defeated all of the monsters. For real this time. He arrived early, hanging out with Lucas and Max while we wait for the others. They seemed so happy together. Will was happy they played out.

His heart fluttered as Mike walked in. He sends a smile Wills way and walks over, bringing the other into his warm embrace.

"How do you feel?"

He always asks this now.

"I feel great."

They all start a conversation and Dustin walks in. His hair was... wow.

Then it all happened. Lucas asked Max to dance, leaving the three of us. He knew Mike was waiting for her. A girl walks up, asking me to dance. Mike widens his eyes and Will looks up at him. He nudges the other and Will is dragged away. He does what everybody was doing around him. She smiled down at Will, but he just couldn't keep his gaze off of Mike.

El shows up. He looked so lovestruck. His heart aches. His mind goes back to everything before.

"Then we'll go crazy together, right...?"

"It was the best thing I've ever done..."

He looks at Mike and El. They shared a kiss, and they just seemed so happy together.

Will felt sick. Very sick. He excuses himself to go to the bathroom. He looks in the mirror, splashing his face with water. His breathing goes uneven.

It was just a stupid Crush. He didn't even know why he likes Mike. He hated the feeling. He hears footsteps and sees Mike. "Are you okay Will? I saw you come in here and I got worried..."

"I'm fine." Will smiled.

"No, I know you better than this." Mike nudges him. "Tell me what's wrong, we can try and fix it."

Will shakes his head. "You can't fix it Mike." He sighed. "I don't wanna ruin your night Mike, just go back out." He turns off the water and gently pushes Mike. The other frowns. "You matter more than her Will, cmon."

He shakes his head. "I'm not ruining your night."

He gives up.

"Will, like I said. You matter more to me. Can you tell me when we get back to my house?"

Oh yeah, they were staying together tonight. Just them.

"Yeah." He inhales.

"Hey Will?" He pauses.

"Hm?"

"Do you like the girl that was dancing with you?"

"No. I don't even know her. And she's not my type." He closes his tired eyes, rubbing them gently.

"What is your type?"

He inhaled. "Not girls, that's for s-sure." He says. He goes back out, leaving Mike to think.

It all makes sense now.