I grab my phone and see so many calls and messages all from Varun. I read through the messages, and a smile forms on my lips but tears begin to well in my eyes.

Dhawan

Shraddha, I'm so sorry
about everything!

Please reply! I know
Tara has told me everything.

It's all of my fault, again
I'm sorry for bringing you
into this mess.

I miss you so much
and the last I've seen you
was 17 hours ago!

I miss you!

I'm coming home to you!

Tears finally fall at the last text message, I finally know how I feel about Varun. His love roared louder than my demons. I wish to reply back to his messages but I'm restricted. Without realizing it, I press on his number and call him. It rings just once before he answers.

"Shraddha." He says and I stay silent. He doesn't say a word neither do I. Yet, I can't help it.

"Varun." I choke on a sob.

"Shh, it's okay. Everything has been sorted Shrads, the magazines have been called back. The picture has been taken off the internet." He says in a calm, yet soothing voice.

"That doesn't help solve anything Varun!" I cry, tears running down my cheeks.

"I know, I'm sorry." He says. "I'm coming to get you and set things right between us and your family." He says.

"What? No Varun, stay there please!" I beg.

"No. I want you and I love you. I'll do anything for you to be mine. Please let me fight for you and for us!" He says and I feel my heart flutter.

"Varun I," I pause hesitating whether to say it or not.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"I,"

"You what Shrads?" He asked.

"I got to go." I say and I pause before hanging up.

"I love you Shraddha." He says and the line goes dead. I place my phone on my bed, and watch through the window. Someone knocks on my door and I quickly brush my tear away.

"Come in." I say through a cracked voice.

"Shraddha, your future in-laws has arrived. Please come down and serve them tea." Mom says and I nod avoiding eye contact. I fixed myself on the outside, despite feeling so broken and down inside. I go downstairs, faking my smile and serving my soon to be in laws some tea.

"Shraddha dear, you are absolutely gorgeous." My mother in law compliments me and makes me sit next to her.

"Thank you aunty." I give her a smile. She touches my head and gives me a smile.

"Don't call me aunty silly," She slightly nudges my shoulder. "Call me Mom." She says and I nod with the fakest smile plastered on my face. Just then, the doorbell rings which makes me breathe a sigh of relief. A chance to get away with these people, I don't want to be here. I rather be back in Mumbai with Varun.