Prologue

"Maybe I get accepted in some kind of group." The young woman sitting on the passenger's side said excited. "I've always wanted to be part of a gang".

"A criminal one? 'Cause it is prison. Call me crazy, but I bet it's gonna be full of criminals" Said the driver, a woman a few years older.

The youngest girl felt her bottom lip trembling; that was the sign. Her eyes were getting wet, and in any second she was gonna burst out.

It wasn't like Ally Brooke Hernandez to cry in front of someone; specially if they were family.

Is not that the Mexican-American was some kind of tough wannabe kinda girl; she was just the opposite. Ally was used to make everyone around her happy. She tried her best; even when she was breaking inside, she would just gift away the brightest smile she possibly could. She just didn't wanna let anyone down. It was like that since she could remember.

Ally just took a deep breath and put on her best smile.

"A gang is a gang. OK, Gigi? Besides, I am no criminal. Maybe there are more inmates like me." Ally explained full of hope.

"Oh, Yeah. I'm sure it's gonna be full of amazing people." The other Hispanic girl pointed out ironically.

A tear streamed down Ally's cheek. She knew for sure she was innocent, but it would be stupid to just assume all of the other women in there weren't real criminals; although that's what she tried to convince herself of.

"It is just...I got something in my eye" Ally said fanning herself.

"Ally, you know that we are not family technically speaking" Gigi told the girl beside her.

"What are you talking about? You are my sister; my big sister. What are you telling me? You don't wanna be my sister anymore?" Allyson cried desperately. Her heart was about to come out of her chest.

Some people would say Ally was so dramatic and over the top, but according to her, she was just intense in her emotions.

"No, no way, girl. We'll always be family even if a dump your dumbass brother. I am just saying that you can cry in front of me; OK, I didn't mean that much but..." Gigi shrugged "Go ahead" She said rubbing Ally's back. "Let it all out"

Ally cried her eyes out. She was in fact going to prison.

"I'm going to prison. Me." She emphasized.

"I know" Gigi was visibly upset.

She honestly wasn't sure about how long would Ally last in there. Ally was just too soft for that. Never in a million years she would have thought Ally would end up like this; neither did any single person that knew the petite girl.

"I'm glad you are my family; 'Cause my own blood are either too disappointed or too freaking sad to be here for me." Ally whined. No one really cared about her. In her opinion she should be the sad one; she was the one actually going to prison. It was her fault though, so she probably deserved all of this.

"Thanks Gigi". She hugged her sister in law real tight.

Gigi was the sister Ally never had, she knew the minute she would let go of her, she will be on her own, unprotected.

Ally, the girl that would never hurt a fly, the girl who had religiously followed every rule all of her life, the most kind-hearted naive girl you could ever come across, was about to get in her new life; surrounded by dangerous criminals.

After Ally said goodbye to Gigi, she tried to do her best impression of herself, bubbly Ally. She would have tried and pretend to be tough, which was a far way better option, but Ally was aware that she would not be able to pull it off.