My brother stood next to me, he waved his hands through his brown hair and a tear slipped down his cheek.
"Don't cry. It'll only make you miss them more."
He looked upset, but agreed and wiped the tears away.
"How can you not miss them?" His brown eyes looked into my identical eyes, but our expressions were different.
He looked tormented by grief and sadness.
I was calm. I don't grief them.
I'll see them again, soon.
"Will you be angry if I left?" The question hit him hard. I couldn't take it back. I couldn't unsay it, and he couldn't help but be suspicious. Human nature, I guess.
Being surrounded by depression and suicide makes you suspicious in everything.
"Why'd you ask?" Other people started to surround us, the gravestone of our parents was famous. We were famous, once. We are still famous, people know our name.
We're known as Mendes.
Shawn and Natalie Mendes.
Funny, right? Even celebrity's can be depressed and suicidal.
Soon enough, the press showed up. They always tracked our location, and when they succeeded we could be sure that the next day there will be an article in the newspapers about us.
"We should go." I told him, wrapping my arm around his shoulder and leading him out of view.
On our way home, we both were quiet. Neither of us knew what to say.
"Aren't you grieving over mum and dad?" He threw my arm of his shoulders, like he seemed distressed.
"I was. I'll be with them, soon."