The End

Words count: 650

🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃

My chest bumped on something hard.

I didn't know what it was but it wasn't the ground or the concrete path in my neighborhood. My body might be safe but not my knees. They're wounded but my anxiety about them was zero percent.

And I didn't die either.

A hiss passed through my ears and I knew someone caught me perfectly, prevented me from going to hell or heaven so quick.
I snapped my eyes open and found Half-Mummy beneath me.

He furrowed his eyebrows together. From his face, I knew he was in pain but instead admitting that he was hurt, he glared at me.

"Jeez, Tania!!!! Are you out of your mind??? Why did you jump like that??" He said angrily. Angry but worried.

I was too shocked by his appearance so I just stared at him blankly.
"W-what are you doing in here?" I finally remembered how to speak.

Half-Mummy snorted loudly. His bandages that indicated he was a mummy from our Halloween party had left his body but he kept the one around his head.
"I was worried so I asked Lizzy to give me your address. I know it's silly but I believe the thirteen people theory I told you before. When I arrived, I saw you in the edge of the balcony. And you JUMP!!! You jump, Tania!!! What the hell was that??"

His words reminded me of Dylan. I quickly pulled my body from him and looked up to the balcony.

No signs of Dylan there. And no Jailangkung either.

"D-did you see someone there with me??" I asked Half-Mummy and he shook his head.

"Uh.. No, you're alone there. Well, I saw you're talking but you're alone. Why? Did someone push you from it." He asked

I had no time to respond because I saw two people ran toward me.
My parents.

Seeing them made me so relieve. Mom quickly crouched low beside me and hugged me while Dad grabbed Half-Mummy by his collar.

"What did you do to my daughter???" Dad asked.

Half-Mummy was startled. Seeing he was going into a trouble from my Dad, I quickly released myself from mom and stood between Dad and Half-Mummy.

"Dad! No!! He saved my life. It's not him, Dad. It's Dylan." I explained and before Dad could respond I continued.
"Dad, we have to call someone. I think Dylan is possessed. He played a doll called Jailangkung to call a spirit. We have to do something before he hurt himself."

Dad looked at me in confusion. "What?? Did you just say Dylan??"

I nodded my head quickly.
Mom raised up to her feet and she slid closer to her husband.
"B-but that's impossible, dear." Mom said.

"W-what? But...Dylan is in there, Mom. He still hold the doll." I said. "I know it's sound crazy but I saw it myself. He's possessed." I said, repeated some words.

Dad shook his head. "Tania, we believe you, dear. We do. But....It's impossible Dylan is there, sweetheart. He's in the hospital."

I froze on my spot as I tried to absorb the information.
I almost lost my consciousness but Half-Mummy held me from falling.

"H-he...he what??" I whispered as hard as I could.

"Dylan is in the hospital. His parents found him this evening falling from the stairs." Dad answered.

Oh, dear, Lord!!!

If the man beside me for an half hour before was not Dylan. Then who was he???

I looked up to the balcony again then stared at the house.
Something wasn't right.

That's why when the front door suddenly swung open, four of us screamed and dashed from that place as fast as we could.

I swore this was the last time I celebrate Halloween.

🎃 The enD 🎃