29; christmas proposals

Start from the beginning

"Yeah," Lauren chimed in from her spot at the table, already stuffing her face with toast. "I can't believe you managed to score such a good one."

Mitch blushed and hid his face in his hands, which were covered with the sleeves of Scott's sweatshirt. Scott smiled and kissed Mitch's head, gently sitting him down in his usual seat at the table. "I know. I can't believe it either."

"Mitch is lovely, Scott," Connie murmured, setting her hand on his back. "I'm proud of you."

It was Scott's turn to blush, but he focused on getting Mitch his plate of breakfast to hide it. "I'm glad you guys approve," he said softly, "but I just want you to know that I was planning on marrying Mitchy no matter what you said. I love him more than anything else in the world, and I don't want any other Omega. He's the one." Mitch's heart fluttered, and he latched onto Scott's side as soon as he sat down.

Rick smiled at the sight and stood to give his own Omega a kiss. "Now we just need your sisters to find love, and we'll be the happiest family in the world."

Chatter resumed as the family sat down to eat. "Alpha?" Mitch whispered timidly into Scott's ear, lacing their fingers together.

Scott smiled and immediately turned to see him. "Yes, my love?"

"Um, did you really mean what you said? That you want to marry me?"

"Of course I did. I wouldn't want to marry anyone else."

After breakfast was present time. Mitch sat quietly on Scott's lap and played with his fingers as the family opened presents, not expecting anything. After all, he'd never gotten presents before, so why should he get any now? However, that was not the case. Scott had obviously gotten his Omega something, and he was planning something special later with the help of his parents and sisters.

"Okay, Mitchy!" Lauren practically sang. "It's time for your present!"

Mitch jumped slightly at being addressed and furrowed his eyebrows as he looked up at her. "P-Present?" he asked nervously, pulling Scott's arms tighter around himself. He wondered if the present involved him without clothes, and he began to worry. He'd be able to please Scott and Rick just fine, but he didn't know how to please a woman. He'd be punished.

Lauren smiled and nodded, crawling over to him to hand him a neatly wrapped present. "Yep! It's from your Alpha." Mitch blushed and glanced back at Scott, who gave him an encouraging smile. He hesitated for a moment before he began to unwrap the box with shaking hands.

It was a blue box with a silver design on it. Mitch hesitated again, but he slowly lifted the lid off to reveal a beautiful necklace. It was silver, and the charm was a heart with diamonds studding the side. Tears instantly brimmed in Mitch's eyes, and he looked up at Scott in disbelief. "Alpha... it's- it's beautiful. Th-Thank you so much."

Scott smiled and lovingly caressed his cheek. "It's not as beautiful as you, my love," he murmured, kissing his forehead.

Mitch blushed and shook his head as tears began to flow down his cheeks. "I don't deserve you," he whispered shakily as he wrapped his arms around him and buried his face in his neck.

Scott softened and hugged him tightly, kissing his neck. "Of course you do. I love you so much, angel. Merry Christmas."

+++

Later that night, Scott's parents insisted he and Mitch took some time to themselves, although it was really part of the plan. Scott brought Mitch to the main square, and Mitch held his hand tightly as they walked, the necklace glittering around his neck. "Alpha?"

"Hm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course you can."

"Um..." Mitch hesitated, choosing his words carefully. "Will you love me forever?"

"Of course I will."

"Even when I'm old and even uglier than I am now?"

"You are absolutely not ugly, sweet girl," Scott murmured, kissing his head. "You're so gorgeous. I promise, I will never leave you. I will always love you." Mitch blushed and buried his face in Scott's side.

Eventually, Scott took Mitch to the park just as it started to snow. Mitch looked around in wonder, so he didn't notice the pathway of rose petals on the grass. "Alpha, what's that?" he asked softly, pointing at the snow.

Scott smiled and kissed his head. "It's snow, angel," he murmured. "Come on. I want to show you something."

Mitch obediently followed Scott through the path until they came to a clearing. There was a circle of rose petals in the shape of a heart. "Alpha, what's this?" Mitch asked quietly, looking up at him.

Scott sighed shakily and knelt in front of him, opening the velvet box to reveal the sparkling ring inside. "Mitch," he started softly, and Mitch gasped, tears filling his eyes, "I fell in love with you the day I met you. You are so, so beautiful, in every way, and I love everything about you. You're so sweet, and loving, and kind, and smart, and absolutely perfect. I am still in awe over how I managed to get an Omega that is as lovely and perfect as you. I know we're still young, but there is no one I would rather spend the rest of my life with. Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

Mitch sobbed and nodded frantically, tears streaming down his cheeks. "Y-Yes, Alpha. Yes, of c-course I'll m-marry you." Scott breathed a sigh of relief and straightened up to slide the ring on his finger, sweeping him into his arms. Mitch wrapped his arms around his neck and kissed him passionately, tears still streaming down his cheeks. "I love you so much," he sobbed softly against his lips, gripping onto him tightly.

Scott pulled away to lovingly brush away his tears. "I love you more, darling."