Chapter Two

Chara looked up. A boy, maybe a year younger than they were, had walked into the room. They could safely assume this was Asriel.
He looked very squared. His eyes were crimson, and the whites of his eyes were tinted yellow.
Like Toriel, Asriel's undereyes and lower ears were stained red, and he wore a black sweater with two red stripes.
He was a bit shorter than Chara, and had sharpened fangs, hardly grown horns, and long, sharp claws.
He seemed very disgusted by the human in his house.
"What is that?" He asked, his eyes narrowed at Chara.

Toriel forced a smile.
"Oh! Hello, Asriel! This was going to be a surprise, but I've gotten you your very own human to take care of." She said, disregarding the conversation she had been having with Chara.

Asriel scrunched up his nose,
Why did he get the things he didn't want?
"Why do I have to take care of it? It's dirty and gross." He complained, eyeing Chara.

Chara frowned and look down,
Wearing a black tanktop, shorts, and boots...
They were covered in dirt and scars.
Asriel wasn't exactly wrong, but it still hurt.
They didn't comment on it though.

"Humans are very fascinating, Asriel! And you'll be the only one in the underground with one!" Toriel explained,
"But this means you'll have to keep it fed, rested, hydrated, and make sure they're safe." She said, nudging Chara closer to Asriel.
God, she prayed that he would take the child. She didn't lose her job for this — along with her respect,

Asriel looked at the human,
How pathetic. It stared Asriel back with a mix of fear, indifference, and emptiness.
Hopelessness shone in the child's eyes, as it seemed to be weak and incapable of standing up for itself.
"Fine. What do I do?" He asked.

Toriel beamed,
"Well, it'll have to stay in your room — so why don't you show them around?"

Asriel glared at the ground. He seemed to just be a generally angry person, but now he seemed to be pissed off.

"I suppose. Don't fall behind, human." Asriel said, walking away.
Chara glanced to Toriel, before following.
They could feel the open wounds on their wrist begin to stop bleeding.

Asriel walked down a hall, then into the first door on the left.
Inside was a small room, grim. Like the rest of the world, it was dark and had hints of red.

There was a singular bed, a chest, a desk, and a simple carpet.
"This is my room." He showed blandly. He seemed unamused.

Chara looked around,
"O-oh. Uhm, cool. You're As—"

"Do not talk to me, unless I address you first." Asriel snapped.

Chara flinched and fell silent,
"I'm s—
Yes. Okay." They corrected themselves.
Asriel's harsh gaze bore down on them, before Chara realized that they weren't supposed to speak at all.
They did nothing else.

"I'm Asriel. I really don't care what your name is.
So, I guess you're stuck here—" Asriel then glanced over Chara,
Something was missing.

Asriel blinked for a few seconds, before realizing that the human would probably run away.
Then his mother would be upset.

He wandered over to his desk,
"Stay there, human. If you try anything funny, don't underestimate me." He threatened.

Chara nodded quietly, before sitting down on the ground, their legs crossed.

Asriel shuffled through his drawer, before finding a red leather collar with spikes.
It might be a bit too small for Chara...
Oh well.
He pulled out a chain link lead, hooking it onto the collar.

Asriel walked back over to Chara, kneeling down besides them, and fastened the tight collar around their neck.
It fit better than Asriel thought. It was actually a bit loose on them.
But Chara would grow into it.

"Don't take this off. If I see you without it, you'll regret it." Asriel threatened, again.

Chara nodded, pulling on the collar a bit to get used to it.

Asriel suddenly looked disturbed,
"What happened to your wrists?" He asked.

Chara frowned and stayed silent.

"I'm addressing you. You can talk." Asriel added, annoyed,

"O-oh. Okay. Uh... Mrs. Dreemurr put metal shackles on my wrists, and I got burned in Hotlands." Chara explained quietly,

Asriel's eyes went wide,
"What about your tooth? What happened?"

"I fell, and it probably was knocked out.. I'm not too sure. I think it was permanent." Chara commented quietly.

Asriel looked troubled,
"Okay, fine. Whatever you do, don't show dad." Asriel murmured.

Chara frowned,
"Why..?" They asked.

"Stop asking questions!" Asriel shouted, before he heard the door slam.

Asriel fell silent, and looked at the door. Chara had flinched, and moved closer to Asriel.

"Dad's home. We should probably just stay in here... I mean, it's getting late anyway.
Here, you can sleep on the ground. It's soft enough. I'll get you food tomorrow." Asriel commented, taking the metal chain and wrapping it around the leg of the bed.

After pulling on the chain and acknowledging it didn't budge, he left the room.

Chara sat in silence, listening to the quiet talking from the room over.
Chara remembered Asgore. He has a special kind of crazy to him. The lab was bloody and unnerving.
Chara was terrified of Asgore. He was so...
Odd. One of his two horns were broken, and he wore cracked glasses...

Chara laid down on their side, silent.

Truly, they were fatigued. It wasn't hard to fall asleep.
With the quiet talking, Chara laid on their side with their knees to their chest, before dozing off.