Chapter 5 - Return

"Blue," Error says as he slowly and carefully steps through his portal back to the Anti-Void. He feels just a little off balance at the moment, most likely because of whatever happened when he restarted. For the most part he feels... okay though. His usual self. He always feels a bit different after a reboot after all. He looks over at Blueberry with an unreadable expression.

Hearing his name be called, Blue raised his eyes slightly to look at Error, but otherwise didn't move. He appeared to have a look of guilt on his face, or something similar. Then again, Error has bad eyesight... The glitch shifts his eyes to the ground as he tries to force out the words he wants to say. He scowls at the ground, having some difficulty actually forming words at the moment. Instead, Blue takes the initiative to start the conversation.

"You're right, Error," he says in a quiet monotone voice as he stares at Error, his voice slightly muffled by his scarf. "I was manipulating you. I thought you'd let me go back if I could make you like me. I never hated you, but I didn't care about you like I really should have. I just... wanted to get back and if I had to lie to you that I loved you then I would have. I did want to help you, but I wanted to escape more. Now..." He raises his head enough to show his entire face as he starts to tear up again, his face covered in his guilt. "But... but now I really do love you... I just... You're NOT a bad person... I wanted to help you after I escaped but... but now I just wanna help you be happy and I don't even CARE about escaping anymore! I don't even care... I barely even remember what life was like out there! It... it would be so overwhelming to go back now! I just... Error, I just wanna be with you! If I leave, would I ever... even see you again...?"

Error stares into Blue's watery eyes in shock at all this. His eyes are open wide and his colorful eye lights are smaller than usual. He feels... almost betrayed by this. "So yo u... y ou WERE mAnipu lating me...?!" He glares over at Blue and steps towards him. "I kne-ew it! You-u tricky litt le...!" He stands in front of Blue and grabs tightly onto his shoulders, making Blue gasp in surprise and stare into his eyes in fear, a couple tears leaking out of his eyes.

But once Error sees Blue start to cry again, his entire mood shifts away from rage and betrayal. His expression softens to look a little concerned and he loosens his grip on Blue's shoulders. "We-well... I..." He slides one hand onto Blue's face to flick away a couple tears. "I guess... I und-derstand... why you'd do that..."

Before Blue could react to that statement at all, Error leans in to give him a gentle kiss, pressing their teeth together lovingly. Blue jumps in shock at the sudden affection, a shudder going through his bones. Wa-wait, what...? He thinks in amazement. He... understands...? Is that what he actually said?! Blue decides not to even question it and he lets his eyes fall shut, leaning into the kiss happily. Error moves his arms to wrap around Blue's ribs, gripping at the back of his shirt and pulling Blue closer into a hug. "You're adorable..." he whispers into their kiss. Blue was suddenly released from the strings that were tying him back and gasped as he fell and Error caught him, gently lowering him to the ground and staring into his eyes with a blush and a dorky little smile on his face. Blue's eye lights are shaped like hearts as he stares back at Error, completely awestruck by the sudden change of heart he's had. Well, he is kinda crazy... he thinks, a little smile on his face as he giggles quietly. But so am I, really.

"See? You ARE a good person!" He says, his face glowing with love. "I mean, just... Just look how far you've come, Error! I knew that you could be happy!" He wraps his arms around the glitch, cuddling up to him and nuzzling his face into his shoulder. "I love you..." He feels Error glitch a bit for a short moment, then he relaxes and raises a shaky hand to the back of Blue's skull. He carefully places it against him, giving Blue a couple loving pets before simply letting it rest there. "...I lo-ove you too."