Chapter 2

My brother, Dominic was strong, smart, and didn't take shit from anyone. Not even our evil ass mother.

I wish I was more like Dominic.

Our mother despised Dominic so much that when he turned 15 she kicked him out of our home, because she wasn't going to put up with a disrespectful child.

At only 12 years old, I had the horrible memory embedded in my mind of my brother walking out on me and leaving me all alone.

We still communicated even though my mother thought we didn't. She would kill me if she knew I still talked to Dominic.

He's the best thing in my life and I wouldn't trade my brother for anyone in this world.

"Why do you always take her side?" My mother croaked slamming her hand on the table making the water in our wine glasses jolt.

"Her side? You say it like we're talking about a stranger , this is our daughter Lynn! It's not about taking sides it's about making the best decisions and making her happy!" My father griped slamming his fist on the table and standing to his feet.

"And what is that suppose to mean?" My mother gritted, rolling her neck.

"May I be excused?" I blurted out ." I- I'm very tired and I want to go to bed"

"Of course princess." My father sympathized.

"Thank you" I stated , standing up from the table and scurrying off to my room .

Maybe I'll sneak downstairs when everyone is asleep and eat how I really want to eat.
***
"Get up...NOW!" I heard a loud voice roar snapping me out of my sleep.

I was full of confusion and in shock as I felt my body being yanked from the bed. I wiped my eyes and cleared my vision to see my mothers face while she dragged me into the bathroom.

My eyes grew wide and I was fully aware of what she was trying to make me do.

"No mom please!" I begged her , trying to tear her hand off my wrist.

"No mom please!" She whined, mocking me. My mother let go of my wrist and pushed me on my knees in front of the toilet bowl.

"Do it now London!" She gritted in my ear holding me near the toilet by the back of my neck.

"Mom please.. pleasee.. I didn't even eat that much. " I pleaded with her again but she wasn't trying to hear me out.

"London you have 5 seconds" She warned me as she began counting down.. "5...4...3...2..1"

And I didn't do it, instead I just cried while she held my jaw forcing my mouth open. Using her own hand she stuck her finger into my mouth going as far as she had to until I felt my stomach churn and thats when the vomit hit my throat and I began hurdling up the bit of food I ate for dinner into the toilet.

The veins in my throat were straining showing visible through my milk chocolate skin, tears rushed down my eyes as my stomach continued to empty contents into the toilet bowl even though there was barely anything left inside of me.

When I was finished I dropped back from the toilet bowl trying to catch my breath.

"Next time listen" My mother scorned down at me before heading out of the bathroom leaving me on the floor alone and scared.

Once I heard her shut the door behind herself I began sobbing historically. As the tears rushed down my face all I could think of was how bad my throat was burning and how terribly my stomach ached.

After spending another 15 minutes stretched out on the cold tiles , I found the strength to get up and drag myself to the sink to brush my teeth. When I finished I restlessly walked back into my room and plopped down on the bed, looking at the clock the time read 2:15am, I was exhausted and had to be at school soon. Crawling back underneath the covers I held myself tightly to fight back the urge to cry.