Chapter 30

Everything feels so different at office right now. Last two days were damn awkward for me and I think for Mason as well for we did not even came in front of each other. We tried maintaining distance from one another as much as possible. We only talked over mails and that too only about work besides that we did not utter a single word.
While all this is going on I could see someone is happy and that is none other 'Selene'. As Mason and I are not on talking terms now He is speaking to her more. She keeps on going in his room. Sometimes I feel like punching her im the face but I remind myself that it is all over between us.
"You are thinking about him again."
"No I'm not."
Alice was staring at me but I looked away. I told her everything and since then she also doesn't want to talk to Mason and I think Mason feels the same way.
"Elena, seriously why don't you leave this company?"
"You know I can't. I have a contract signed with them. They can sue me."
She snorted. "I am sure he will let you go."
I did not say anything.
"I am sorry. I did not mean to say it like that."
"It's okay. Let's get back to work."
And that is how my whole day ended. Me sitting in front of my laptop, working.
I came home early as compared to the normal days.
My Mom came to me. "Hey Sweety, you alright?" She patted my back.
"Yeah Mom." She sat beside me on the sofa.
"Is Dad still angry?" I did nothid anything from my parents now. They were listening to me very patiently as I narrated my whole story about me and Mason. While my parents were feeling bad for Mason when I told them about his Mom, they got really angry when I told them the last part
Especially Dad. I could see the anger in his eyes.
"No. He is just upset that someone has hurt their little darling so badly. Though you are not the youngest child but you know for us you are. Those other two doesn't live here. So it's only you and we want to protect you guys from everything."
I hugged her.
Shanaya called me after a while.
"Hey."
"Hi. How are you?" She asked.
"Alive. You tell."
"You are an idiot. You might be acting fine in front of the others but I know how much hurt you are."
I did not say anything.
"About Mason." She said.
"What?"
"It was all revolving in my mind and a thought came to me."
"What Shanaya?'
"I might be wrong but may be he is doing all this because he is only hurt and afraid."
"I thought so too but I can't beg in front of him, Shanaya. I was giving him space believing that he will change again but he never did. So let it. Even that day I was pleading him but he was still acting indifferent. He doesn't want to be with me."
"Don't you love him?"
I was quiet. I don't think I need to say anything to her.
"It doesn't matter. Not anymore."
"Hmmm."
"Let it be. How are you and your handsome boyfriend?"
She laughed. "We both are great. He is out with his friends."
"You didn't go with him?"
"Naah. Didn't feel like going."
"Cool." I yawned.
"You sleep little fella."
"Bye, Goodnight."
"Night."
Even though I laid down on my bed what Shanaya said was still revolving in my head.
To say it was difficult to fall sleep would be an understatement yet I was managed to do it.