Chapter nine - Akamaru part 2

Half an hour had passed by and we had been walking through my whole neighbourhood. We had gone into every street and had looked everywhere, but Akamaru was nowhere to be seen.

Kiba had been amazed by everything. He didn’t expect ‘my world’ to look like this. He said the houses looked really weird, compared to the ones in Konoha. I laughed at that and told him that lots of things were different in here.

One thing Kiba was really surprised about, was the street. The asphalt and weird moving things driving there were really new to him. I explained to him we called those ‘weird moving things’ cars and that they were like, a carriage, but faster and more advanced.

“But why do you need a car? I can run faster than that.” Kiba said.

I grimaced. “The people in this world don’t know how to wield chakra. We can’t run as fast as you can.”

Kiba’s mouth formed an ‘O’.

Hey, if Kiba can use chakra, why can’t he use his nose to smell Akamaru? I thought.

“Kiba, use your nose.” I said, not knowing that sounded completely random.

“W-what?”

“Oh ehh...I mean, why don’t you try to smell Akamaru?” I asked.

“Oh, I tried, but I smell really weird stuff in this world I’m not used too, so that’s distracting me.”

Okay then....how do we find a dog, that’s walking through the city without an owner....

Oh...god...no...

“Kiba, I think I know where Akamaru is!” I exclaimed, suddenly stopping and grabbing Kiba’s shoulders. He looked really surprised.

“Where?! Take me there! Let’s go!” He shouted.

~~

*A few minutes later*

After I had told Kiba which way to go he had dragged me along with him at top speed. And no, we were not walking on the ground. Kiba, used to this speed running, was jumping from roof to roof. It was scary!

But it was so awesome....

Right now we were at the animal shelter. I was sure someone had found Akamaru and had brought him here. He was just a little dog, so I didn’t think he would get that much attention. People wouldn’t be suspicious of a cute little dog, right?

“Ehm, yeah, we’re looking for a white dog. He must have come here like, one hour ago.” I told the woman behind the counter.

“We found a white dog an hour ago, yes. I’ll take you to him, but make sure you’re prepared. He is a bit hyper from being put in here.” She said and then stood up, taking some keys from her desk. “I’ll lead the way.” She said.

I had always wanted a pet. A dog, a cat, it didn’t matter to me. But the fact was, that my mother was allergic to animals. Any kind of animal that had a fur. And no, I don’t count a fish as a pet. Especially not a goldfish. They were really pretty though!

Walking through the animal shelter made me want a pet so bad....

But right now I had to focus on getting Akamaru.

“That’s him! Hey! Akamaru!” Kiba suddenly said, before he rushed to one of the cages. I must say, it was a huge cage. Why did they put a small little fur ball like Akamaru in such a big cage?

The woman took the keys and opened the door of the cage and out came....

A huge dog...

It looked ten times bigger than a wolf....