Chapter eight - Akamaru..

Everyone was quiet. They were looking at each other, uneasily looking from me to the floor. I really wanted an explanation.

“Guys, come on. I want to know! You can’t just appear in my house so sudden! There has to be a reason!”

“It’s...kind of hard to explain..” Kiba said. Naruto nodded, agreeing with him. Sakura, who had been eyeing me suspiciously before, was now a bit more relaxed. She didn’t explain the whole thing though..

“Well, at least try.” I said. Shikamaru, who had been lying on the couch the whole time, now got the honour of telling me what the hell happened.

It came down to this:

They had been attacked by this dude called Madara, someone from the same clan as Sasuke, but this Madara was supposed to be dead...weird.

So, when they got attacked and everyone was attacking Madara with their best jutsu’s, they started to shine or something. They were floating and stuff and then passed out.

“And when we woke up, we were here in your living room. That’s like, one hour and a half ago.” Shikamaru ended.

“Wow...” I said, disbelief in my voice and to be seen on my face. “I didn’t expect this...”

“But...yeah...we have no clue of what happened. We don’t know this place, neither do we know what brought us here.” Sakura said.

“It couldn’t have been Madara, right?” Ino asked. I shook my head. “He was planning on killing you, wasn’t he? And he needs your Bijuu, Naruto, so he wouldn’t have sent you away. It’s harder to get to you right now.”

Everyone agreed with that. So, there had to be a logical explanation to why they suddenly appeared in my house, but we didn’t have one. That kinda sucked, but I was going to make them feel at home. It wasn’t like they were bad company and I could get to know them better.

I suggested we could watch some movies today, because I didn’t have to go to school. Everyone agreed and I went to get some popcorn and some soda.

“So, let’s watch a horror movie!” I said. Sakura and Ino, being the wimps they are, immediately refused to watch such a movie. They wanted to watch a romantic movie.

“Ugh, no. I don’t even think I have those..” I said. I looked at Kiba. “What do you want to see?” I asked. He just shrugged. “I think action is fine with me.”

Some others, like Shino and Hinata, agreed with what Kiba said, so I searched for a good action movie.

“Sasuke, what kind of movies do you like?” I asked, wanting to get to know his likes better. I know, I don’t like him yet, but it couldn’t hurt to be nice, right?

“Hn. Nothing in particular.” He answered. I wasn’t satisfied with his answer. I went to him and stood in front of him.

“Come on! You must have a favourite!”

“Not quite..”

“Gahh! Sasuke!” I exclaimed, frustrated by his behaviour. “I really need to get used to you..pft..you’re such a pain in the ass...” I mumbled. Sasuke glared at me, trying to read me. I just stared at him, trying to look as emotionless as him.

“Ehh...Emily-chan....let’s pick a movie..” Naruto said, trying to clear the awkward silence. I looked away from Sasuke and smiled at Naruto, giving him a thumbs up.

I picked a random movie, but I wasn’t really watching it. I was talking to Kiba and Hinata the whole time. Hinata was really nice, she looked like a caring and loving person. I knew she was in love with Naruto, so I didn’t bring up the topic. I asked her about how her Byakugan worked and how she saw the world through those eyes. When I wondered if their chakra still worked in this dimension, Hinata tried to use her eyes.

In less than a second veins were appearing around her eyes, telling me that they were activated.

“It still works in here!” I exclaimed. She chuckled. “Y-yeah.”

I looked at the others.

“You guys try something too!” I said. They first didn’t understand what I meant, because they hadn’t listened to my conversation with Hinata. Though when they looked at her and the excitement on my face, they got the clue.

“Naruto, you first!” I said.

“Oi, why him first!” Kiba exclaimed, looking jealous for no reason. Naruto smirked at him, sticking his tongue out at him.

“Kage bunshin no jutsu!” Naruto said. And yeah, a shadow clone appeared, making me go ‘EEEP!’. I saw Naruto making a shadow clone. FOR REAL! OMG!

“Time for me!” Kiba shouted. But he then looked around, hopelessly. “Shit man... I didn’t even think about this...” He said.

Everyone looked at him, confused about what he meant. What was wrong? He could do a jutsu with Akamaru-....

No he couldn’t....

“Guys, Akamaru isn’t here..” Kiba said. He looked really worried, which made me want to give him a hug. So that’s what I did.

“Ahww, Kiba. It’s going to be alright. You’ll get home in no time, I’ll find a way to send you guys back.” I said. I saw that he was blushing, but that was really weird because I was only giving him a hug.

He was acting weird...

“But Emily-chan, you don’t understand what I mean. Akamaru was with us when we....floated and were giving light and stuff. He should have gone to this world too. You....we have to....I have to find him...” Kiba said. I smiled at him.

“We’ll search for him, it’s going to be fine.” I said, making sure he would get a bit more happy. That worked, ‘cause he smiled and gave me another hug. “Thank you, I really care about Akamaru. I really want to make sure he’s okay.”

“I believe so.” I said.

I then looked at the TV and I noticed that the movie was finished. Ha, I hadn’t followed even a small part of it!

“Ehm...Kakashi-san?” I said (using the –san for respect. He wasn’t my sensei so I didn’t call him that).

Kakashi looked up from his book (how did he..? where did that book come from?!) and raised his eyebrow.

“Do you think that...ehm...you can stay here and watch the rest? I mean, so they won’t do anything stupid? I’m going to help Kiba and try to find Akamaru, but I don’t trust everyone here alone.” I said.

“Hey!” Naruto exclaimed, a bit hurt by what I said. I put my hands in front of me in defence. “I’m sorry! But...it’s just that you guys can’t go anywhere. Who knows what would happen if you went outside, all at once?”

“But why are you going alone with Kiba?!” Shikamaru exclaimed.

“Well, if you want to stay with me that bad, you can come along..” I said a bit irritated. Shikamaru blushed a bit but stayed silent.

“Well then, I’m going outside with Kiba. Sasuke?” I said. Sasuke looked at me, no emotion whatsoever.

“You....*sigh*...seem reliable too, along with Kakashi-san. Keep an eye on everyone, kay?” I asked him. He nodded.

“Okay, bye then! I’ll be home before it gets dark!” I said. That was the same sentence I always yelled at my parents when I was going somewhere. I already missed them, though they were only gone for a day right now.

I grabbed Kiba’s arm and opened the door. “Let’s find your friend!” I exclaimed.

“Yeah! Akamaru, stay where you are, we’re going to find you!” He answered.