Chapter 15: We Chose You

Start from the beginning

Blinking past the black from the hit, and the fog from the air in the bathroom, Jimin didn't care that his nose was starting to trickle down blood as the cutest smile grazed his lips. He looked at you, standing by the foot of his bed with your hands crossed over your chest. Your gaze was sharp, determined, and serious and he didn't notice the change because of the instant thrill that maneuvered inside his body.

"You're b-ack," he screeched, wiping the blood away from his nose as if it was nothing. "Wha- Where have you been? I've been-"

"Worried sick," you sang out, knowing what he was about to say, "Yeah, yeah, cut the bull...I'm here now so shut up while I speak to you, alright?" Your tone was harsh.

The change in you was now delivered and processed in his happy mind. Jimin's cute smile fell, the blood at his nose mixing in with the mucus and snot that stored in his sick nostrils. His chest ached, and he suddenly didn't know what to do with himself as he looked at your appearance. Your skin was paler, almost as if you were equally or sicker that he was, your lips were icy blue and the blood on your skin was darker and dried. You looked worse than death and that made every inch of Jimin's conscious wish for your better. He had no idea where you had been for the past week, but looking at you and the way you carried yourself, it was clear to who you had been with. His eyes were softer than the fur on a bunny as he spoke.

"You've been spending time with Thing..."

"With myself," you corrected, nodding before awkwardly moving your hands to your sides. You had been prepared to meet Jimin after everything you had discussed with Thing, but this was harder than you thought. Just staring at the boy made your dead heart want to flutter and that made you mad. You couldn't have him too close, nor could you have him touch you.

Everything needed to go according to plan. The plan that consisted in your dying officially.

Jimin sealed his lips shut as he nodded. "Sure," he said, sniffling in the snot and blood that was dripping into his mouth. He broke the carboard beginning to the new box as he took out a few tissues for his aid. Bleeding but trying to tame it, Jimin side-eyed you as he tossed the box to his bed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Then why are you here? It seems to me that you've clearly made your choice." Jimin's voice was trying to sound defeated, threatening, and harsh at the same time. But it only came out as bitter and cute as his voice was squeaky from the action of him pinching his nose while talking.

You could feel your heart reacting to that, and him in general more and your teeth grit. The fact that you wanted to do nothing but stare at how beautiful he was didn't help the situation presented. You had a role to play and around him, playing it would be difficult.

"I have. I've made the right choice," you said and Jimin looked offended but tried to hide it behind his worry that was obvious for you. "But the sucky bit of it all is that you need to be apart of the process if I'm going to die."

Jimin's brows furrowed at that. He wanted so badly to interrupt you and say that you weren't going to die, but at this point even he was starting to lose hope. After everything, he had no idea how to get you back, and the only leads he did have didn't work so great out for him. Instead, he had made a fool out of himself in front of your friend that made him sweat and trip over. All he could remember was how beautiful she was and stepping back into the hospital was going to be hard without him blushing repeatedly.

"Thing needs control of the entire situation before pulling the plug, and that included being in control over you."

"It's gotten that strong huh?" Jimin asked, his voice starting to grow angry when seeing the situation, "...and you're letting it kill you, I can't believe this."