Preparation and compassion

The morning sun rose over the distant mountains to the east and through open curtains, it started to shine in your room. You slowly sat up and let out a big yawn feeling your energy starting to build. Not much was remembered of what happened last night but you did know that you now had eight protectors.

You felt dehydrated so you got out of bed and went downstairs to search for water in the kitchen. While making your way downstairs, you weren't necessarily being careful with how quiet you were with your footsteps. Apparently, Minerva gave you the knowledge of the modern era so you knew how everything worked but it was still confusing as to how you knew.

You heard movement from the next room and when you went to take a peek, you saw the protectors in the living room sitting around talking to each other. You took a step towards them and the floor creaked. They jumped to their feet with weapons presented and held it threatingly towards you.

You screamed out of fear and ran back upstairs. They realized their mistake and tried to call after you but you didn't listen and ran back to your room to hide under your bed. "Great, now she'll never come back out" said Desmond.

"Wait here" said Bayek. Bayek then followed you up stairs and the others complied with Bayek's request and waited in the living room. He reached your room and knocked gently on the door. You didn't answer.

He carefully opened the door and scanned the room and heard you silently crying to yourself. He got down on his knees and looked under the bed to see you with tear stained cheeks and you were shaking fearfully. "NO, GO AWAY!"

"Easy (y/n), we did not mean to startle you". You inched back in fear and saw his hand reach out to you. "It's alright, come on out". You didn't move and he gave you a reassuring smile. You looked at him, and with the speed of a snail, you put your hand out for him to take. He was patient with you and knew that you were scared.

He took your hand and pulled you out gently. You avoided eye contact. "We're sorry we scared you. We weren't expecting you to wake up so soon". You looked at him and smiled. You hugged him as a way to say that you forgive him and the others. He hugged you back and stood up to leave with you following right behind him.

Bayek got back down to the main level and you went to the kitchen, without him noticing. The kitchen was large with everything that would complete it but it also had a breakfast bar.

You took a chair from the table and dragged it across the floor to the cabinets. You climbed up on the chair and stood up to reach the cabinets for a cup. Due to your small size, you had to stand on the counter and reach for a cup since the chair wasn't quite high enough. Just as you reached it, you lost balance and fell off the counter but you never hit the floor. A pair of arms caught you before you could hit the floor.

You were put down and saw that it was one of the protectors. It was Arno. "Are you alright"? You weren't much of a talker but you answered by giving a quiet response, which was 'yeah'.

"Good. But what are you trying to do"?

"I was thirsty". Arno took the cup and looked around to see if there was water. The way that water was available when he was in France was that it was brought in from a large bucket, so that's what he was scanning the room for. You saw him looking around the room and tugged at his robes, which caught his attention.

You pointed to the faucet and said, "Use that". He knew it was a sink but the faucet that stuck out was confusing. "Here, you use it like this" said Desmond as he took the cup from Arno and turned the faucet on. The water started streaming out and Armo jumped back in surprise. "Calm down, it's just water"?

"Where is it coming from"? Desmond felt awkward answering that question since it was out of place. "It comes from pipes underneath the house".

"Oh. That's fascinating". You took your drink and went to the living room and saw everyone else had either left or stayed close by. There was an empty recliner and you hoped right on and felt that it could spin in a circle. You finished your water and put your cup on a circle table next to it and began to spin yourself. You went faster and faster as you were giggling in delight.