Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Where do I start? I know! Let's get started with a little chart.

Kids to Pre-Teens to Teenagers to Young Adults to Adults to Oldies.

So, I guess, right now, I'm on Pre-Teen stage and everything was still innocent to me and then boom, puberty comes kicking in. Hormones changing, body parts enlarging and other scientific freaky stuff happening during puberty. Yeah, and I've experienced all of them, the fun and painful parts.

It was a crispy and cold night of September 22nd when this story happened.

It happened at a party in my friends house, Kirsten to be exact. There were punch, food, and some beer for the ones who were strong and brave enough to try it. Take note, we're just 7th graders.

----------------------------------------------

"Truth or Dare?" Kirsten asks me.

"Uhm, truth." I say looking at my bestfriend Drake sitting beside me. He was just smiling at me while other girls were eyeing on him.

"Ugh, you've been going with truth the whole time. It's so unfair Andrea." Pauline whines while everybody in our circle playing agrees.

"Fine. So that you would stop bugging me and get this over with." I say rolling my eyes with annoyance.

"Finally! I've been waiting for this." Kirsten rubs her hands like a villain in a movie with a devious plan.

She thinks for a while and finally said, "I dare you to have a 10 minute make-out session with Drake upstairs. And don't you dare cheat." She smirks while everybody was looking at us.

"Uhm, no. I won't do it." I say looking at the floor.

"Don't be a party pooper Andrea. This is the first time I've thrown a party, well, for 7th graders." Kirsten says.

I stayed silent. It is true. This is the first time Kirsten threw a party and the first time I was invited. I was different from other girls. I would stay at home, read books and listen to music and most of the time, ignored.

Drake was different. He was the hottest guy in the 7th grade and he's the youngest varsity player for the basketball team in our school. He was the out going kind of guy and is very popular. My exact opposite.

Even though we're very different, we've been bestfriends ever since kindergarten because our parents knew each other. And since then, we've been together through thick and thin. We know each others secrets, likes and dislikes, and all other random stuff we have and never did we see each other more than brother and sister. Well, for me that is. Sure, Drake is handsome, heck, his hot. His got every girls dream guy appearance. But Drake would never see me as a beautiful girl, even though he calls me "beautiful" all the time but I know he's just teasing.

Me and Drake got each others back. He protects me from the guys the bully me every now and then and sworn to protect me until we get old. And I help him with his studies 'cause I've got the brains, he's got the muscle power.

"We'll do it. Nah. Never gonna happen. I can't kiss my bestfriend!" Drake says as he stands up.

I was happy with Drake's answer and I nodded with agreement.

"Nope, you guys can't back out again. You used you one and only chance awhile ago. Remember, the eat raw meat thing?"

Damn raw meat.

"Fine." We both say.

"Great! Okay, so, here's the thing, we'll lock you up to the closet and we're not going to open it unless 10 minutes have elapsed. But if you want to go longer, than would your decision." Pauline says with a wink.

"Okay. 10 minutes and we're going down." Drake says as he grabs my hand.

I'm still nervous about this. Heck, really nervous about this. Even though I'm on the 7th grade, I never had my first kiss. Drake knows that as well. And I know Drake haven't had his first kiss yet.

We reached the closet and they pushed us inside and locked it. I'm now facing Drake and his facing me. I'm getting really nervous.

"Okay guys, you start with the lip-locking once we lock up the closet. We'll be waiting downstairs. Good luck and enjoy." Pauline teases and then locks us up.

We were just staring at each other with a suffocating silence. I was getting really sweaty and I could see that he's getting nervous.

"This is your first kiss right Andrea?" Drake asks me.

"Yeah. Isn't this your first time as well?" I ask him.

"Uhm, yeah." Drake says as he looks at me.

"So, what do we do know?" I say to him feeling a little shy and nervous.

"Just... go with the flow once I initiate okay?" Drake says softly.

"Okay." I say blandly.

"Okay. So, let's get this over with." Drake says as I close my eyes.

The suffocating silence once again fills the air. But, Drake starts to move his hand and touches my face.

While he's holding my face, I can feel that his head starts to lean in forward and then his lips start to touch mine and then it happened. I've had my first kiss with my bestfriend.

But, instead of feeling disgusted with this, I kind of enjoy this. This feeling is very ecstatic. His lips are so smooth and his breath is kind of minty. And I felt that his tongue is pushing towards my teeth, like asking for entrance. So without any second thought, I let him in. I can feel his tongue battling with my tongue and it feels like I'm lost into the void. This feels so infinite and like a dream and it seems that time stopped. But, this so-called infinity and dream ends when we stopped to catch our breath.

We were gasping and sweating all over.

"Wow." I say while breathing in all the air I could.

"You could say that again. Man, this is... wow, just wow." He says while smiling like a fool.

We stayed silent for a few moments then he spoke,

Okay. But, nothing will change between us. You're my bestfriend and..." I stopped while gasping for air again.

"And you're still going to be beautiful and nerdy bestfriend., but..." Drake says smiling.

"A little more kissing won't hurt a bit, right?"

I nod in response and replied, "You took the words right out of my mouth."

And continued where we last took off.

---------------------------------------------

We continue hooking up up to now

We moved from being just typical bestfriends to something far more exciting than it.

The kissing thing became weird to us every now and then when we get our alone time.

After a year or two, the weird thing became normal to us. And I've got to say, we've enjoyed the only thing we have in common. An addiction with each other.

But, don't get me wrong. Me and Drake are still best of bestfriends. The only thing is, the "just a little more kissing" part got a higher part and involved more than just kissing.

But, our secret life is masked the same old way we always did before we ever did this.

Our social life with friends and family are still the same and when we're alone, we go back to being bestfriends with benefits.

Public life in school, managing time with friends and families, and having Drake Time? I could say honestly, my life has never been this do fun and exciting.

I love Drake more than just a sibling and a bestfriend.

The weirdest and the most challenging part of our own secret world? To not let anyone know about it.

And in every crappy movie involving teenagers with a secret life, the main protagonist says,

I'm Andrea Smith and welcome to my life.