CHAPTER FIVE

You still dream about the people lost in your memory, Fabricated by your nostalgia. Romanticised by your broken heart..........

I could feel my headache lessen, blood had began to circulate through my limbs. I was still scared to open my eyes, not wanting to feel the pain i felt before i fell into a dreamless sleep

I was scared i will go back to my awaiting nightmare. I thought the sleep will change everything, I thought i would wake up to the smell of mum freshly baked cinnamon rolls. But the presence of a cloth covering my right eyes signified i was at home.

I felt the rush of adrenaline through me, i was safe I thought happily.

It's was all a dream i said mentally, all i had to do was open my eyes and wake from it.

I thought for a millisecond before I opene my left eye, my vision was blurry. I instantly took notice of my surrounding.

"This is not home, where am i? I thought sadly almost in tears.

I had murmurs coming from afar

"Father lord, if this is my last day on earth. Forgive me for my sins, help me know who i am before i died. I made a silent prayer

The noise grew louder, it sounded more like incantations to me than a song. The sound of the marching feet echoed in my cerebellum, sending different nerve impulses to my brain.

I wanted to stand up and run, but my body wasn't cooperating.

My vision grew blurrier with the tears that now flood my eyes.

I was lost in an unfamiliar forest, with only the view of the sky to confront my fears.

The tall trees seems to engulf the little sunlight that peek through its broad leaves.

I involuntarily close my eyes, to prepare myself for the worst, hoping to find solace and protection behind my closed eyes.

The noise grew louder and closer, quitely enclosing me in fear.

I brace myself the more, and closed my eyes tighter hoping it will ease my fears.

Suddenly i had the marching abruptly stop above me. The song also stopped.

I could feel the presence of eyes looking at me.

I waited for what seems like forever, but nothing happened.

"Have they gone? The voice in my head asked

I contemplated on opening my eyes to see for myself but was scared to do so.

"What if it was all a trick? I asked myself

I couldn't help it anymore, i slowly opened my left eye. Whatever it was that was chanting earlier on, was the one that brought me to its home.

I saw a blurry vision of women, all looking the same.

As my vision got clearer, I realized it was there dressing that made Look alike.

They all tied a mini wrapper round there breast and then wore a mini skirt like wrapper down their waist which stopped by their knees. With assorted beads round there head and necks

I looked closely, to inspect the faces staring down at me. I noticed a face which Looked different from the rest.

She wore a longer wrapper from her chest down to her ankle. Different sizes of beads hung down her neck. She wore some on her right hand and leg

She must be the one in charge i said mentally in fear.

A community of women? I thought puzzled.

She leaned over me to inspect some of my wounds, which felt strange.

Do cannibal's inspect their prey? I thought

I laid helplessly letting my eyes and my mind do the looking and thinking.

I didn't know what to say or how to react to her strange observation, so I decided to remain mute.

After her observation and scowls she turned back to the remaining women and voiced out something in a dialet i didn't understand.

They spoke within their selves, before they all  chorused a slow song, which sounded like an ancient song done during rituals.

I didn't know when tears began falling from my eyes.

I became cold and lost in a world where fear ruled. My prayers is for someone to even tell me how i got here, why i am being a prey to group of strangers?

I tried to even recall, what my name was, and how it happened. But Everytime i closed my eyes to search for my lost memories. Nothing changes.

It's the same thing that happens, I never remember!

I don't even know what my life was before opening my eyes to women dressed in wrappers and painted with assorted marks and tattoos.

How i wish I could just remember, I could just see above the picture that keeps popping out when i try searching.

A picture of a woman in her late forties, with a smile looking at me across the dinner.

I couldn't really recall when that was, but I knew she must be my mum, the vision looked so perfect to give out such idea.

I was lost in my trance that i didn't realize the noise had plummet.

I opened my eyes to a pair of eye staring down at me.

I looked closely from my lying position, then realized she was the same woman who wore a different attire.

She closely examined me, i couldn't remember hearing the departure of the rest. Maybe i passed out without knowing i said mentally.

I noticed she held a bowl towards my mouth which had a pungent smell,

I tried to speak out, I noticed my voice only came out as horse murmurs. My throat hurt as i tried the second time.

She made a gesture for me to keep quiet.

She said something in the same dialet which i guess was the explanation of whatever was going on with my voice

I tried really hard not to panic, cause i felt i will never be able to speak again. I won't be able to ask who they are and why they brought me here.

I felt my world had just collapsed.

A twinge of pain rush through my spine making my eyes flooded with tears.

The woman sensed it and quickly returned the bowl back to where it was on wooden stool.

She said something in her dialet then left.

I was left alone in the room which looked more like a hut than a normal modern house.

I looked blankly at the straw ceiling hoping answers could come out of it.

I wish i could atleast understand their dialet i said mentally before falling back into a dreamless sleep.

The End of This Capter 😊
Please leave behind your comments, lemme know what you think of this story 😊❤.

Don't forget to Vote Comment and Share 💞💕❣