Chapter 2

Alexandria's Pov

Numb.

I felt my entire world collapse around me. My brother, my life, my rock. He's gone. And I'll never see him again.

Currently, I'm at my brothers funeral with my best friends Sarah and Logan. At church, the walls are white and bland like my feelings. The world around me, like a 60's film, black and white. Without my brother life has not colour  and everyone seems so emotional but I'm numb, I feel like a part of me died when Andrew did, as I stood in my seat as the pastor said a few words about him. My mind drifting away from his full speech. But I couldn't help but think they didn't know my brother like I did.

They couldn't recount the time he pushed me into the pool for our 15th birthday or how we used to go to the beach every Saturday when we were younger and builded sandcastles as big as our imagination. All the sibling fights we've had, rushing to get the last slice of pizza which normally fell on the floor and the dog eating it. All the beautiful memories and sad ones. When you're first girlfriend dumped you and thought you'd be a lonely Pringle all your life, but your not, even if you didn't romantic love you had me and I loved you. My mind now seemed to be zoning back into the speech.

"Andrew was well loved by all, he was a very intelligent young man with a promising future, always singing in church on Sundays and his rambunctious laugh seemed to spread to all those who had encountered him,we'll miss him dearly," the pastor said with grief apparent in his voice as he stepped off the altar.

My turn

I dreaded walking in front of the altar, having to stand and make a few  words.My friends shot me an encouraging gesture but the crowd's gaze pierced into me, all their sympathy, Pity and regret  radiated off of them shining their light in my direction. They stared at me with anticipation waiting to hear what I had to said and then a memory struck me, the one I'd been trying so hard to surpress. The one of  me and my brother's twin pact "Forever and always." The chains we had were a representation of that, even though we hardly wore it, we kept our promise. That memory evoked the sadness within me, but i could not withhold the tear that slid down my face and so I started.

"My brother was the greatest and most loveable person you'd know." I said my voice cracking.

"He and I, we were inseparable, twin powers, the ultimate duo but now he has left and I don't know what to do without you, " forgetting about the audience, I spoke as if talking to Andrew, for the last time.

"You said we'd grow old and enjoy our old age together. You said you'd protect from all boys who'd chase after me, do you remember that. You made that promise when we were 8 but I still remember. You said you'd be there for me. Why did you have to go? Brother, I miss you. Sometimes I wondered why it hadn't been me instead. I bet you'd be bawling your eyes out but I know you'd stay strong for mom and dad. But I'm left here to deal with the aftermath of your death but I'm not strong like you are. I won't be able to keep my composure, you're my best friend, my brother,"I said with tears cascading down my face, basically bawling my eyes out.

I saw him.Andrew,his ghost at the back of the hall smiling widely and sending me a flying kiss, mouthing to me "I know you can" and fading away as my heart broke again.

People's eyes were swimming with tears, feeling emotional about the few words I said. Even the pastor was moved. I hurried off the altar, wiping my tears in the process. My parents and friends enveloped me in a large bear hug as if our lives depended on it before my parents broke off to say a fee words about my brother, followed by my friends. What was weird was that no one had seen Cynthia come to the reception and there was a rumour that she has a new boyfriend. I knew she couldn't have been trusted.

The reception passed, quite slowly after than but we eventually reached the cemetery. He was buried 2 foot wide and 6 foot deep. His stone read, loving son of Martha and Drew, my parents and loving brother of Alexandria. I bid my brother farewell for the last time.

Goodbye

A month later

"Moving!What do you mean we're moving?!" I said angrily.

"Honey, your dad and I have seen how miserable it has been for you,waking up everyday without him,"my mom explained. We decided that we would refer to my brother as him because every time I heard his name I'd get extremely aggressive and wouldn't talk to my parents nor my friends for days.

"I think moving to a new state will make coping better for all of us," my dad said backing up my mom.

"Don't you care about him ?!Don't you want to visit him? Are you just gonna leave him alone?! " My voiced dripping with anger.

"You can't change the past sweetheart, but if we live in the past how do you expect yourself, us to move on," my dad said.

I paused a bit, calming myself and saying,"There must be another way, there must be." My dad placed his hand on my shoulder giving it a slight, comforting squeeze meaning the conversation is over. I sighed in response know how hard-headed my parents were.

"We leave in two weeks," dad said.

"To where?"

"To infinity and beyond," dad said cracking a sad smile.

How am I gonna tell my friends that I'm leaving?