Chapter III: New City

There is a hell.

- Moving Worker A

The next day, the Heiwajima household awoke in the early hours of the morning to see their brother off. Kasuka had to leave immediately to catch his plane to the next location for his shoot. Shizuo called his employer, Tom, to let him know he wasn't coming in today until much later.

After Kasuka left, the two other siblings got ready: Shizuo in his bartender uniform and Hanna in a comfortable, casual clothes. Not like she was doing any of the actual moving. She wore whatever she could get to since everything was packed. They sat in the kitchen eating breakfast in silence until the moving crew arrived. The bell rang and Shizuo got up to let the boys in. He proceeded to show them to Hanna's room.

"Move everything in here. And someone wrap the bed frame. We're taking it with us." Shizuo said.

When Hanna found out late the previous evening that the dorm provided twin beds for each room, she demanded her bed be taken to Kanagawa with her. She loved her queen sized bed. It gave her plenty of room to sprawl. She could lay on the bed any way she wanted without her legs, head or arms dangling off the edge. 

The men got to work hauling off the items into the truck parked downstairs, actively making their way up and down the stairs of the apartment complex. Although Hanna's belongings fit neatly into just a few boxes and were easy enough to move, most of the time was spent figuring out how to carefully transport her furniture: a six-chest drawer, a vanity dresser, and the poster bed frame. And although the drawers were empty and the vanity filled lightly with her makeup, the furniture was all made of agarwood. It was as expensive as it was heavy and Shizuo told the guys in the morning when he let them in that if he were to find even a single scratch on any of the furniture, he'd kill all of them even though he hates violence.

They knew of his reputation as the Strongest Man in Ikebukuro  —  he was infamous in the Tokyo area. Shizuo was very capable of carrying out his threat.

And so they got to work moving the bed frame. They went one step at a time down the stairs, pausing each step to make sure everything was fine. They finally made it down to the street, got the frame into the truck and had it strapped down and wrapped an extra layer to make sure it would not be damaged during transportation.

Followed by the drawer and the dresser, they got the last of the boxes into the truck around noon and soon, the two siblings were in a rental car leading the moving guys to Hanna's new home.

The drive was long and silent. 

Hanna stared out the window, watching familiar landmarks blur away into new and foreign sights. She was still a little peeved at her brothers, but she was at least satisfied when she returned home and her things had been packed. Shizuo was not about to make the situation any more uncomfortable by trying to make small talk with his sister. He continued to keep his eyes on the road as he drove.

Finally, after about an hour drive, the siblings saw where Hanna would be staying for the first time. The building was very elegant on the outside, and judging by the separate buildings within the school grounds, the campus looked to be massive.

The car pulled up to the school gates before pressing the intercom.

"I'm here to drop off your new student," Shizuo said curtly into the machine.

"Name and year of the student please?" a female voiced asked.

"Hanna Heiwajima, first year," Hanna answered.

"Welcome, Miss Heiwajima. The dormitory is on the left. The Headmaster will meet you there shortly to give you your key."

Shizuo pulled forward, making a left and parked in front of the dorm.