Chapter XI: Sucker Bet

Today is the day I die. Yep. I can feel it.

 -Akaya

'Eeeyyyyyy Party in 2-A!!!'

'Welcome to hell, Hanna!'

'Yes! Join us in our misery~!'

'Wait what'd we miss?'

The fourth floor chat exploded within the first thirty seconds of first period. When Hanna got her phone back a few days ago, the guys didn't hesitate in adding her to the group chat shared amongst everyone on the fourth floor.

Hanna looked up to see Mr. Enoki scribbling on the board with his back turned to the class and promptly took her phone out to take a quick selfie. She angled her phone to include as many of the fourth floor residents as possible and stuck out her tongue while her floormates struck a pose of their own. Hanna hit the 'SEND' button and several phones vibrated at once.

Mr. Enoki paused when he heard the sound and turned around to see his students, all of them, staring right back at him. A few of them (and I think you can guess who) even feigned a look of confusion, as if to question why HE had stopped. Mr. Enoki turned back around then, continuing as if nothing had happened.

Hanna and the rest of their group quickly switched their phones to silent.

'Wth?'

'Is that Kazu I see?

'Saki? Rei too?'

'Wait o-o'

'What are you doing in that class?? xD'

'I live here now,' Hanna replied sarcastically, and a split second later a few of them snickered quietly, followed by a string of 'LOLs.'

'Hey Han,' one of the third years sent.

'Why dontcha crash our class?? ;)'

'I said I live here now.'

After another round of silent giggles, they each gave one another a look as a signing off of sorts and went back to paying attention.

As she turned back around, she noticed the person to her right was looking at her. She spared him a glance, and saw an incredulous look on his face mixed with the slightest hint of disapproval. Hanna couldn't be bothered by the lowly opinions of strangers and turned her attention back onto their professor.

At the edge of the chalkboard Hanna could see he had already assigned tonight's homework and got to work.

By the time class was over, Hanna had finished the homework assignment and was packing up to leave.

"Bye Hanna!" one of her floormates waved at her as she left the classroom.

"Yeah, we'll see you tonight!" another two said on their way out.

"So what's your next class?"

Hanna stood up to see Tano along with Shishio. They were quickly joined by Kazu and Masaki.

"I'm headed to the studio," Hanna said as she and the guys made their way out of the class and waved to them as they parted ways.

"Are you in the Modern Dance class, too?"

Hanna turned to her right to see Kari walking beside her.

"No. They have that?" Hanna asked her.

"Yeah. Second period is Modern Dance; third period is Ballet," Kari informed her.

"Oh. Hmm, no I have a private with Ms. Nakamoto. Need to show her one of my old solos."