Chapter One

Erza P.O.V.

The rain fell slowly and steadily. The sidewalk was slick and muddy. The wind slashed against my face like little needles. My umbrella blown away by the wind and I didn't bother to find it. It was the first day of school at Fairy Tail Academy and I was not looking forward to

I was always alone. People feared me so they stayed quite a generous distance away.

I kept feeling sorry for myself as I walked in the bitter cold, fighting against the wind. If you think about it, it's a metaphorical term. The wind is the challenges of my life and I was trying to fight through it.

It's an incredibly insightful definition.

It was a while before I came to arrive at the tall iron gates of the school. More or less, the school itself was tall and intimidating. It was an old castle incorporated with some modern buildings. Surprisingly, it came to fit well among the old architecture.

I took a deep breath and stepped through the boundary between the outside world and into the world of Fairy Tail Academy.

I have to be ready for this.

I've got to be.

Lucy P.O.V.

"Oh my gosh!" I squealed in excitement as soon as the flag of the academy was visible. I pressed my face against the window, fogging it up.

"Look at the amazing architecture!" another voice chimed behind me. It was Levy. Her blue hair was bouncing as she rambled on about how amazing and prestigious her school was. She was literally drowning in a pool of her own tears since she was thinking about all the wonderful academics they have there.

"Guys, I'm pretty sure that we should get off the car and actually go inside the school instead of just staying inside of here." I heard Juvia mutter. Her blue eyes were darker than usual and her face was contorted into a scowl.

"And why are you so sad?" I craned my neck to the front seat to properly hear her answer over Levy trying to compose herself.

"The rain," her scowl deepened. "It stopped."

I blinked. I've surely thought it was about something that was more important. Of course I shouldn't have expected that from Juvia when it rains. Chuckling to myself, I swung open the car door after it parked and took a breath of the fresh air.

I looked around to get a glimpse of where I'd be staying for the past few years. It was truly a sight to see.

The grass was a healthy green and spread out on the campus. The trees were either blooming flowers or bearing fruits. The brick path led on the the marble steps of the main building. It loomed over all the other buildings and way up on the top of the dome, the Fairy Tail Academy flag I saw from earlier was visible.

"Wow," I breathed. Soon, my friends all caught up to me with their luggage and they, too were able to enjoy the sight.

"And to think," Levy broke the silence as she whispered. "We'll be learning History and Language Arts in that building.

We stood in front of the campus for a little while until my dad, who was driving to car, informed us he had to leave. We gathered our remaining items and headed to Fairy Tail.

Natsu P.O.V.

"Are we there yet?" I asked while closing my eyes. "I think I'm gonna hurl."

"Don't you dare mess up my car!" Gray shouted from the driver's seat. "If you do I'll make you pay!"

"Oh yeah?!" I sat bolt upright for a mere second, then withered back into my old position. "Wait...I'll get back to you on that a little later."

"What makes you so prone to motion sickness?" Gray laughed. He was the only one who wasn't affected.

"Maybe it's because you're driving!" I shot back.

"At least I can drive better than you, motion sickness boy!" Gray grumbled under his breath.

"What did you just say?!" I shouted, enraged at the fact he just called himself better than me. "Do you want me to bash you he-?!"

"We're here," Gajeel gurgled. He was so sick that he had to lie down in the car.

"Let's get off!" I rocketed out of the death trap and onto the solid ground. It felt good to have something stable under my feet.

I'm pretty sure Gajeel felt the same way since he let out a large breath of relief.

"Tch," I heard Gray laugh. "You guys are weak."

"What?!" I shouted, ready to start a fight. We were rolling up our sleeves when Gajeel grabbed out collars and we made our way to the buildings.

Jellal P.O.V.

"Crap!" I cursed under my breath. "I'm late for my first day of school!"

My feet pounded against the slick concrete as I ran for Fairy Tail Academy. My collar shirt wasn't neatly put on and I had a piece of soggy toast in one of my hands.

"I can't be late!" I yelled, but this time added a swear word to the end of the sentence. "This is shit! My stupid alarm clock!"

In the middle of my swear-fest, I didn't happen to notice a crack in the sidewalk and flew through the air and hit the ground with a thud.

"No..." I muttered, trying to grip onto my consciousness. "Stupid sidewalk..."

I fell unconscious, thinking about how screwed I was.

{How did you guys like it? I know it's pretty short but it's my first fanfic so... Anyways, feedback, comments, and votes are greatly appreciated! Arigato, minna!}