impertinent // reddie

*i'm really liking the theme of taking random words and making a story around it so ignore that*

many people felt richie was impertinent. he always made jokes at the wrong time, sometimes the jokes were even disrespectful, and people just found it down right rude.

richie was hurt by this. it ruined his reputation as well as his self image, which made him into the 'loser' he is today. he was happy to be a loser and to have such amazing friends, but he couldn't deny the fact that it hurt.

they didn't realize that this was richies way of protecting himself. he couldn't be serious about his own issues, and he just didn't want to be forgotten. the lack of attention had come from his parents at a young age, creating a need for it as his life went on. he didn't want to be perceived as attention seeking either, but the only way he knew he was accepted was when he was getting attention, due to his crude jokes.

this made an unbearable hate grow in richies heart, a hate for himself. he was taught to hate this part of himself, just as everyone else had.

richie couldn't stop thinking about that word. impertinent. a word that described every part of him, yet didn't describe him in any way.

he never wanted to dissociate from this word and forget it even existed more than he did today.

the thought of it saddened him even more as he waited for eddie, the only person he knew could cheer him up.

"hey richie-" eddie paused. "okay you either look sick or upset. is everything okay? should i even be near you right now? fuck-" richie cut him off.

"i'm not sick, eds. i invited you here so we could swing and talk, can we do that, please?"

"huh uh. do you know how many germs there are on those things? why would you even ask me to do something like that?"

"fine." richie spoke, growing annoyed. "can we at least walk around and talk or something?" he asked, his tone softening.

"sure, rich. everything okay?"

they began walking as richie searched for an answer.

"eddie, do you think i'm annoying? or rude?"

"richie, have you heard yourself?"

richie swallowed, his mouth growing dry and his eyes beginning to water.

eddie stopped at the silence, his face softening as he looked at the boy in front of him. he could tell he was truly upset, and he began to feel bad.

"of course not. sure, i may seem annoyed with you and your crude jokes, but i hope you know how much us losers would be missing without you. they're actually very funny, no matter how annoyed i seem. i lo- like you richie, and i'm so glad to have you as a friend."

richie felt a smile creep onto his face as he turned to eddie.

"you said you loved me! eddie said he loved me!" he cheered, continuing to poke and antagonize the boy.

"i did not say i loved you, trashmouth." he smacked richies hands away.

"you totally did." richie teased.

"no i didn't." he mumbled.

"well, if you won't admit that," richie paused, taking the boys face in his hands and connecting his lips with his.

after a few seconds, they pulled apart, eddie stunned.

"how did you feel about that?" he finished.

eddie pulled out his aspirator, triggering it into his mouth.

"i loved it."

//

this highkey sucks but i thought it was still kinda cute, oops

instagram:
babyuris

tumblr:
babyuris