Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

"No, we're just friends."

"Really? I mean that's a pretty good friendship you guys have."

"Max, drop it. He's a friend who helped me through a hard time, and maybe we got closer than friends at moments, but I don't see how this is any of your business."

"I know it's not Aubrie and I'm not trying to make you mad I'm just preparing you for Theo's questions."

"What, questions? He won't have any because it's not like I kissed him so why does he need to know anything other and that we are friends?"

"Because he may already know.", he tells me awkwardly.

"What do you mean he already knows?"

"Well he commanded Kyle and me to keep our thoughts and mind link open to him, and he may have heard are thoughts of why the fuck is he trying to kiss her and let's just say he didn't like it that much."

"So why didn't he hear my explanation right now, so I don't have to explain it to him again?"

"Well, he needed to stay focused, so he blocked our thought out of him."

"Great. Thanks, guys. Why did you tell me earlier about this?"

"Because he didn't want you to know he was watching out for you."

"Now I feel stupid because I should have known he would have done something like this, but I don't mind this much. I just don't want him mad at me for something that took place in the past."

"Aubrie, over.", then comes through the radio and stops our conversation.

"Her, over," I respond as I finish the fourth batch that I was on.

"Incoming first wave."

"Received over."

"Okay guys, load these up into these bags that we are going to carry with us. I'm going to lock these into a safe that only the Commander and a few other selected people can get into because we don't know who's on is side and I'm not taking the chance that someone working against us won't find what we are working on." I tell them as I rush everything over to the back and grab a knife to cut my hand. The guys are too busy to notice I did it and I put it in the lock. A warlock the commander knew put a blood seal on the lock as well as a retina scanner to make sure it was foolproof. I push the carts and other chemicals on the counter in here and then relock it. I wipe off my hand with an alcohol wipe and ignore the burning sensation and quickly wrap it and then wipe the seal on the wall off with alcohol wipes and the counters.

"Let's go. I say as I grab the radio outside of the lab. "Commander over."

In less than a second, he responses. "Nots."

"Key," I respond to the secret code of identifying people. Every time we are stationed, we get a sheet of names and phrases we are to use over the radio to determine ourselves to upper ranks, and they use certain words that change every three weeks. I memorized this on the plane right after I came back from breaking.

"Wave one quarantine location?"

"Hatchet." The basement.

"Quadrant?"

"Five." Surprisingly this time they used numbers to match the quadrants most of the time I am here they use animals.

"Over."

"Over."

"Follow me guys and memorize this way there because will be going here a lot during our stay and I'd hate for one of you to get lost if I have to send you here without me," I say while I go to the vials and grab the two antibiotics I kept on the counter. Walking over to a cabinet on the other side of the room, I seize two syringes out of the second drawer and fill them up with a liquid form of antibiotics.

"Come here.", I call to Max and Kyle as I load the syringes up with the antibiotics. Kyle is the closest one to me, and I grab him and sit him in the chair.

"What are you doing?" He ashes looking curiously at me.

"You both have a high chance of coming in contact with the bacteria and are likely to contract it so I'm giving you this so you hopefully will have antibodies already made to fight off the bacteria. Well, now that I think about it this is more like a vaccine for the bacteria.." I tell them as I prep Kyle's arm and administer the vaccine to him.

"Up," I tell Kyle once I'm done, and I give Max a slight push into the chair. After I finish preparing his arm and administering the drug to him, I rush him up.

"Okay guys time to go. Grab your bags and follow me." I say as I pick up mine and lead them out the door.

****

Hi guys!!! Hope you enjoyed the chapter and this is now EDITED.