chapter 1

A soft groan was heard before cerulean blue eyes opened to scan their surroundings.

"Where... Where am I?" The sixteen year old girl asked herself groggily as she sat up while holding her pounding head. "Ugh, what happened anyway?"

'Oh yeah, they caught me off guard and Kaguya opened a portal behind me.' She remembered before slowly getting up and dusting away the sand. 'Now the question is... Where am I? It's obviously a desert, but where? Suna?'

She than began to walk towards where she believed to be civilization.

Jasper, Nevada. The fun capital of the world! The entry sign read as the redhead continued walking. She was used to worse after all, having to walk for days to get to other villages and stuff.

It didn't take long for her to reach the actual town of Jasper. A town that was basically empty. Narumi sighed and eventually located a library.

'Maybe this place will help tell me where I am.' She thought as she walked inside. She blinked when she saw that it was almost empty except for the librarian and two or three more people.

Walking over to the books, she started searching for one that would explain to her where she was.

"Excuse me, young lady. How may I help you?" The librarian asked her kindly and Narumi looked up at her.

"Well, I was trying to understand more about this place." The redhead explained while rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly and the librarian smiled kindly.

"How long have you been here?" She questioned as she began to guide the cerulean eyed girl around.

"Um, I just got here today." She answered and the woman nodded as she grabbed a few books before giving them to the girl.

"What's your name, dear?"

"I'm Narumi." Narumi answered with a smile. "What's yours?"

"You can call me Anna. Tell me if you need anything else, alright Narumi?" She told her and Narumi nodded.

"Yes, thank you."

"There's nothing to thank me about." She smiled and Narumi smiled back before going to sit down.