Chapter 6

Yoo Kihyun

We were finally in front of Mom's hospital room. Hyunwoo was behind me, I'm pretty sure he is very worried. I slowly opened the door to find that Mom was staring out the window. Right when I entered the room and got closer, she looked and smiled at me warmly.

I can already feel tears forming in my eyes. She gestured to come closer, I fell down on my knees now crying louder. Mom patted my head saying softly "Don't cry". Those words were the ones that really hurt me.

When I was a child my father left me and Mom all alone. I used to cry alot since many people bullied me saying no one loves me and my father hates me, which is true. My father did hate me as a child. He would always drink and smoke, so when he got home he always hits me and leaves bruises.

When father was not at home, Mom would always comfort me saying don't cry and words such as. So when Mom said those words to me in a soft voice while being in a hospital bed brings me many messages and voices in my head saying the exact words people said to me in the past. I then yelled "Why didn't you tell this to me, you said you would never leave me" to Mom. "I didn't want to worry you. Remember that I may not be with you physically, but I will always be guiding and looking after you" Mom said in a very sweet and soft voice.

Time Skip

We finally left the hospital. We decided to go to the park for the meantime. The walk to the park was very quiet. Then I heard Hyunwoo stop in his tracks.

I looked over only to feel his lips connected with mine. He is always like this, protecting and taking care of me even in the most subtle ways. He stopped our kiss and said "Remember what your Mom told you. She may die and leave you physically, but she will always be looking and guiding you from heaven. So don't feel alone, she will always be by your side."

Thank you Hyunwoo.