Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Erikka's P.o.v.

The day started like any other in the month. I got up, went pee, washed my hands and my face. Then I got dressed, and poured water on Nico's face. As he cursed and screamed, I checked to see that Kryptonite was on my finger and threw Nico his clothes for the day. After that, I insulted Leo and then fell on my butt.

The usual.

We practiced until lunch time, skipping breakfast in order to make me angry. Which it did. And then we're back to where our story picks back up. "Seriously, Rikki. You need to slow down or you're going to choke on that chicken leg. And I won't give you the heimlich." I glared at Nico who's hair was still damp.

"Well then I will just 'accidentally' break your Fall Out Boy limited addition vinyl record when I'm a ghost. I think dad would agree with me." I said with venom. Nico shut his mouth and matched my glare.

Leo chuckled from where he sat across from Nico and I. "You two seem to have the sibling rivalry down, but let's move on to more important things." He turned so he was looking at me; his chocolate brown eyes held onto mine. "Name the edible monster in Scooby-Doo."

He was right.

This was much more important.

"The Cotton Candy Monster!" I screamed, getting extremely excited and hopping up from the bench.

"Whooooa there, peppy. Take a chill pill." Anna said, walking up with her long dark black hair in a glossy ponytail. She grabbed one of my French fries and popped it into her mouth. "You guys ready for tomorrow? Rachel said we get the prophecy in the morning, probably."

The boys and I gave her a strange look. "What are you talking about?ready for what?" Nico said, confusion mixed in his voice.

Anna furrowed her eyebrows and seemed to wait for us to jump up and say we were joking. Except, we weren't. "Ready for the quest?" Anna prompted. I shook my head and laughed nervously.

"No, that's in three days."

She shook her head at me. "Rachel changed it last night. Said we had to leave Thursday morning- tomorrow. Didn't Brian tell you after dinner duty?" I blinked slowly at her.

"No. Brian knew?" My voice came out colder than I expected. Leo looked between the two of us as I felt my blood boil. So Brian had known last night? And he hadn't told me? Maybe there was a reason. "Excuse me."

I walked over to Brian's table, grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the mess hall. Footsteps sounded behind me, but I didn't turn around. "What's going on, Rikki?" He said nervously as I pushed him into the side of a cabin-I don't know which- and glared at him.

My lips pursed. "I don't know. Why don't you tell me." Brian's forehead was sprinkled with sweat and he kept looking over my shoulder, so I knew he was lying. We'd been hanging out for a month, so I'd started to know him pretty well. Like how Leo's fingers flame when he's nervous, or he rolls his eyes a lot when he lies.

Not that I pay attention to Leo.

Cuz I don't.

"Listen, Rikki, whatever you think I did-"

My laugh cut him off. "I don't think. I KNOW. Did you or did you not keep information about my quest from me?" I asked, my tone less questioning than if it had been a casual conversation.

"Yes."

My lips pursed even tighter than before. "Do you have a reason?" His face turned pale as my fists clenched to keep my anger in check.