******

I woke up from a quick nap in my dorm, and my stomach was growling angrily at me. I didn't want to attempt the Great Hall, I didn't think there were enough students left for the Elves to guess how much food to make. So I thought I would stroll down to the Kitchens and have dinner with them. I had a very tasty stew in there and some pleasant conversation. The Elves didn't have nearly as much cooking to do as usual, so they weren't as busy. Many of them were asked to do some light housekeeping instead, but most were preparing cakes and whatnot.

Afterwards I simply returned to the Gryffindor common room and sat in front of the fire. I felt awfully lonely though. I couldn't bring myself to start any homework on the first day of the holidays so I shut my eyes and relaxed into the crimson sofa.

I woke with a start; I couldn't remember my dream. It was very short, I thought my brain must have just realised I was falling asleep in an unfamiliar place. I cast a Tempus charm: 1.48 am. I was no longer very sleepy so I pulled myself off of the sofa and went for a walk around the castle. I ended up in the corridor leading to the hospital wing; so out of pure curiosity, I decided to go in.

Malfoy was fast asleep in the same bed as earlier. As I approached, he stirred ever so slightly, and his head moved from one side of the pillow to the other. I sat down in the chair that was placed a couple of feet away from his bed and watched him for a couple of minutes. He looked so peaceful. His face was so innocent, so vulnerable, almost angelic. There was no malice or arrogance present in his features. He looked quite beautiful. His skin was like porcelain, his eyelashes were long and thick, and his lips were pink and plump. However, I could see faint lines on his forehead, very pronounced ones between his brows, and dark circles were beginning to form under his eyes. Despite his current peaceful state, I could see obvious worry etched into his features.

I could feel my eyelids becoming heavy, and I was starting to drift off again; so I got up and walked back to my dorm where I flopped onto my bed and quickly fell asleep.

Draco's POV

I woke up in an uncomfortable bed, terribly confused. I looked around me and saw that I was in the infirmary. I then remembered that I had flown into Potter just yesterday during a game of Quidditch. It was ever so silent in the room. I felt a sudden chill and pulled the duvet further up under my chin. As I did so, I felt a sharp pain shoot up my arm and an ache in my shoulder. I turned my head and noticed that my left shoulder was bandaged up. There was also a questionably coloured bottle of liquid on the bedside table. Madam Pomfrey appeared at my side, with a large silver spoon. She forced me to swallow three spoonfuls of that dreadful medicine, even though it did somewhat relieve the pain in my upper arm. She let me go at lunchtime, as long as I kept the sling on for the next 48 hours minimum. At least it was on my left arm.

I strolled down to the Great Hall and there was indeed a half table of food. There were about half a dozen students in total sitting at this table. It was that middle table that had been added for the Eighth Years. I took a seat near the end of the spread and served myself a plate of chicken and rice along with some carrots and a few green beans. I only managed to eat about half of it, before I no longer felt hungry at all. I got up and headed back to the common room. I thought I would get started on my Potions essay.

On my way down to the dungeons, I walked past the library and I changed my mind, deciding to work in there. So I went to my dorm and grabbed my books before turning and making my way back up to the library.

I took a seat at my usual table and spread my textbooks out, unravelling a new roll of parchment and unstopping a brand new bottle of ink. I started on my work, very easily getting into my homework mind-set. Potions was my favourite subject, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was partly because it fascinated me, but mostly because I knew so much about it, so I took pleasure in talking about it whenever the opportunity arose. I was about halfway done, when I heard some shuffling behind me, dragging me out of my bubble. I turned to see what was going on, and of course, Potter was settling himself down at a desk. He glanced over at me and smiled sheepishly. I gave a half-smile back and returned to my essay.