| chapter thirteen |

' she felt at peace in their arms '

"FUCK, I'M TIRED," Brooke exclaimed as she dumped her bags on the carpet that laid flat on the floor

"FUCK, I'M TIRED," Brooke exclaimed as she dumped her bags on the carpet that laid flat on the floor. The three best friends had just arrived home after a long time at the mall, going through almost every store in the whole building. Brooke jumped onto the couch with a sigh, wiping at her forehead as her vampire friends sat down next to her, equally exhausted.

"What time is it?" Felix asked as they stared at the pearl rose painted wall in front of them, a large painting of all five of them smiling hanging. It was a big surprise for the four guards when they came home one day and saw the art adorning the once empty wall.

"4:24," Brooke answered, looking up at the clock that hung on the wall. "Why?" The two vampires stood up, Demetri grabbed the blonde and dragged her into the bathroom.

"Take a shower," he ordered before leaving a confused Brooke, who huffed but did as she was told. The blonde stripped off her clothes and began to take a shower, washing her hair and shaving her legs and arms. After thirty minutes, Brooke was finished and fists began to pound on the door making her quickly dry up and exit the room with a towel wrapped around her hair and body.

"What are you guys doing?" she asked as Felix shoved her into a chair, unwrapping the towel around her head and brushing through her hair.

"What does it look like?" Demetri rolled his eyes. "We are getting you ready." He snapped as he began to do her makeup.

"Why?"

"Will you shut up?!" Brooke raised her hands up before she allowed the guys to do what they wanted to her hair and face in silence, only glaring at the vampires from the mirror.

"Okay, done!" Felix stated as he finished straightening the girl's hair, his fingers rubbing through it before spraying the silk-like hair with a spray they bought. "Nail time!" he pushed around and began to give her a manicure, filing her nails and painting them.

"Finished!" Demetri smiled at his work of art, grinning from ear to ear. He got up and began to pair accessories with the dress they bought for an occasion Brooke did not know about.

Demetri began to hum as he placed the gold dress on the bed and grabbing the jewellery box. He imagined Brooke with the dress on in his head and chose which jewellery to put on her. Since the dress was already flashy, Demetri only decided to put a pair of simple hanging gold earrings that matched the dress along with a few gold bracelets and a few multicolour jewelled rings.

"Okay, put the dress on." Rolling her eyes, Brooke obliged and took the dress into the bathroom and slipped it on, making sure not to ruin the silky fabrics. Once she finished putting it on, the blonde exited the bathroom making her best friend's gasp as they gazed at the beauty in front of them.

"You look beautiful." Felix smiled and pushed her in front of the full body mirror while Demetri slipped the gold heels onto her feet.

"Wow." Brooke raised her finger, wanting to know if the girl in the mirror was really her. Tears filled her eyes and the boy panicked, not knowing what to do.

"If you cry, I will murdered you!" Demetri growled as he blew on Brooke's face, hoping the makeup he applied wouldn't get ruined. The blonde laughed and calmed down before hugging her best friends.

"Thank you," she whispered, her head resting against their chest since she's short.

"Always."

"Now get your face off my chest, you're ruining my perfectly applied makeup."

***