chapter 13 // geez LOUISe

Monday

I'm finally out of detention, thank God! I still feel a little bad since I left Aspen all by himself, but who cares? I'm free!

Right now, I'm at my locker with Kena and Dakota. Who knows where Nora is? It's very rare for us to see her in the morning.

"Why didn't you call me afterwards?" Kena pulled a face. Kena is angry at us because we didn't call her after the 'double date' as she liked to call it with the boys. "Well we told you now, did we not?" I smirked, placing my geography textbook in my locker.

"It's girl code! Tell each other everything ASAP!" Kena informed. Dakota and I shared a look before we shook our heads. "What's up, ladies?" Liam said, walking up from behind and banging the locker next to me, scaring the living daylights out of my body.

"You stupid idiot!" I scorned, slapping him on his shoulders and head. He ducked for cover behind his hands while laughing wildly. "Well hello to you too..." Liam muttered before giving Kena a quick peck.

"Liam, now is not the time for your shitty jokes." Dakota rolled her eyes.

"Kena, are they on their period?" Liam 'whispered' loudly. This earned him a slap on the back of his head from both of us while Kena cackled like a witch.

"Come on, babe! I thought you were supposed to stick up for me??" Liam groaned. "But you deserved it, ya big numb skull." Kena chuckled. "Today must be 'bully Liam' day, huh?" He joked and we nodded in response.

"Before I was attacked, I was going to ask if you guys wanted to go to Lily's party? It's on Friday," Liam slung an arm around Kena.

"Barf! No!" Dakota pretended to throw up.

"Agreed." Kena and I said in unison.

"C'mon! You guys have never been to a Lily Bore party. don't you want the experience?" I giggled at the last name he had given her.

"Absolutely not! i want nothing to do with that trash bag." I retorted. I looked to Dakota and Kena for backup. Dakota got my hint and nodded at Liam while Kena looked like she was thinking, something she never does.

"Please don't tell me-"

"It might not be that bad," Kena cut Dakota off, "Those parties are jam-packed AF anyway, I doubt she'll notice us." Kena reasons. "besides, we need to get out more."

"I guess you're right, but we can always go to another party!" Dakota argues.

"Please. We all know the only lit parties are Gray's and Lily's. And those are pretty rare." Kena deadpans.

I tune them out since they're about to start bickering like children. It's ear-piercing when Kena and Dakota go back and forth. Blood never spills out of my ears, which I'm always extremely surprised it doesn't.

I see Aspen by his locker in the distance. I start to walk over to him but pause when I see Lily beat me to it. Obviously I couldn't make out what they were saying because for one, I was so far, and for two, I was in a high school hallway during advisory! It's noisy as hell!

Lily gestured for Aspen to bend down and she wrapped her arms around his neck, whispering something to him. Her long locks secured together in a high ponytail swung behind her as she giggled in his ear. He straightened back up with an unreadable expression once she was done and she handed him a card. She subtly touched his biceps before walking down the hall in the opposite direction.

I strolled over to Aspen, watching him put away unnecessary things in his locker.

"Yo, yo!" I shout, standing behind the opened locker door. He slightly closes the locker to see my face, and starts laughing. "'Yo, yo?' Well that's a first," I pinch his arm lightly and he laughs more.