chapter 8 // my bed may look small, but there's room for two ♡

Saturday

I woke up with a major headache. Not from drinking, I didn't even drink any beer. It was from getting Aspen to bed all while trying not to wake his parents up. And boy oh boy, wasn't that a task!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*FLASHBACK *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Aspen... is it 213 or 214?" I slowly said through gritted teeth. I was trying to figure out his house number and Aspen was getting on my fucking nerves throughout the whole car ride. I was about ready to open the door and roll out while speeding. He just kept saying the most pointless things, and I couldn't concentrate. Note to self: NEVER be Aspen's designated driver. Ever.

"Which one do you want it to be?" Aspen twisted his head sideways and shot me a friendly smile. I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed in frustration. Did he just get his wisdom teeth pulled, or was he drunk?

"Fine. 213. You're no fun." He frowned. Aspen crossed his arms across his chest and leaned his head against the glass.

From the outside his house, looks small but cozy. The tan bricks, spruce wooden decorations, tall, rectangular windows, everything made it look so cozy. Aspen's house is shaped like a T. The house itself is surrounded by paved ground, with various party spots, like a fancy barbeque and a firepit.

Slinging his arm around me, Aspen and I made it to the front door, surprisingly not tripping. I unlocked the door and slowly pushed it open, creating a little creak as I did so.

The door revealed a light gray themed setup

The door revealed a light gray themed setup. It almost consisted of a brown tint. Several pillows rested upon a couch containing ribbed fabric. A furry white carpet  was placed under a tiny wooden table with candles lit in an enclosed glass box.

"Hey! The candles are - !" I covered Aspen's mouth with my hand, startling him a little. We stood there in the same position for a few seconds, listening for any footsteps awoken by his loud voice. Luckily, nothing sounded from upstairs. I put my finger to my lips to show him he should be quiet, and he rolled his eyes then nodded. I uncovered his lips and took his hand in mine, slowly leading him upstairs.

 I uncovered his lips and took his hand in mine, slowly leading him upstairs