chapter 12 // mayfair carnival ♡

Saturday, 2:43pm

I burst into a fit of laughter once I see Chucky's face when he is high. I pick up my phone to text Dakota about it, since she had told me about the scene earlier. I'm currently watching "Cult of Chucky." Can you believe they made a new one? I thought they'd stop at the bride.

When I shut off my phone, it comes back to life due to a text. I lift the phone to eye level and see the text is from Jay. It says:

I completely forgot about the "tour!" Thank God he told me two hours before

I completely forgot about the "tour!" Thank God he told me two hours before. That's the exact amount of time I need to get ready. And also think of where to take him...

I quickly type "sure" and gracefully get out of bed. And by gracefully I mean I fell flat on my buttocks. And man did that hurt! It felt like I was sitting on legos.

I play my spotify playlist, and the first song that comes on is "Young, Dumb, And Broke" by Khalid (Omg guys I'm so obsessed with that song!! Give it a listen if you haven't already you'll fall in love!) I slip off my pajamas and jump into the shower, singing in unison with my amazing vocals. Who am I kidding, I sound like a dying cat and an annoying mouse that won't shut up.

After my fifteen minute shower, I grab my towel and start to dry myself while singing along with "18TEEN" by none other than Khalid. (If you couldn't tell by now, I have an unhealthily healthy obsession with Khalid. But... can you blame me??) I wrap the towel firmly around myself and scurry to my room, just in case Diane was there and would try to question me like the bitch she is.

 can you blame me??) I wrap the towel firmly around myself and scurry to my room, just in case Diane was there and would try to question me like the bitch she is

I settled with a ribbed, white, off the shoulder crop top and a pair of dark blue ripped high waisted jeans. I threw on a beige cap and heels, applied mascara and gloss, and I was done. The time read 4:32pm on my digital clock.

In the meantime, I decided I would FaceTime Dakota and talk to her in the meantime. I placed the camera at a down angle so Dakota saw my horrific face when she answered.

When she accepted, I saw her in the same pose as me. We laughed when we realized we had done the same thing.

"Twin telepathy who?" Dakota joked, applying foundation to her face. "Seriously! That was so weird," I laughed.