*Tenrou Island in the Flesh*

✬✬✬

The S-Class participants were all ready to go to Tenrou Island, waiting for the chance to show their true skills and determination. Lucy, having heard Cana's news the night before, has decided to be her partner and help her become an S-class mage. All the S-class participants arrived at the dock prepared and earnest. They all boarded the ship with determination etched onto their faces.

"Why is it so hotttt..." The blonde celestial mage moaned as she was sprawled out on a chair in her bikini with droplets of sweat dripping down her body. " I know it's warm, but do you have to sit like that Lu?" Levy asked as she stared at the blonde who had been sitting in her chair with her legs apart. Cana abruptly spoke, "You think it's warm here? There's not even any wind." Wendy whimpered and groaned in agreement with Cana. "I wish I were a popsicle, but Happy would just eat me," Lucy responded as she felt the heat hit her face. "Ugh, I think I'll pass." Happy said with a disgusted look on his face. Everyone except for Juvia was in their swimsuits, "Aren't you hot Juvia? Aren't you afraid of getting heatstroke?" A worried Lisanna stated as she cooled her face down with the condensation from her drink. "No, I am perfectly fine. If anything, it would be my Gray fully unclothed that would give me heatstroke!!" She shot her eyes to where a fully unclothed Gray was sitting in a chair roasting in the heat. "Wooohooo! This weather is amazing! I can't wait to get my tan on!" Said an enthusiastic (Y/n) who was also sprawled out on a chair enjoying the rays. "Are you kidding me (Y/n)? How can you enjoy this horrible heat." Lucy asked as she was still dying from the heat. "Are you kidding, (Y/n) always likes the heat." Says Erza who is now next to (Y/n), sprawled out on her chair, enjoying the rays. Lucy thought to herself, 'That explains her crush on Natsu', she smirked. "You too, Erza!?" stated Cana from the table where she, Wendy, and Levy were. Elfman and EverGreen were sitting next to each sweating. They argued with each other about their gross bodies being too close to each other. Natsu was afflicted with his well-known motion sickness and was about to puke when he looked over at a nearly naked (Y/n) enjoying the heat. All he could think of was 'Wow'. His cheeks were invaded with crimson red - and it wasn't because of the heat. Gildarts noticed Natsu's staring and smirked, "Enjoying the view, Natsu?" Natsu twirled around facing him, glaring at Gildarts as his motion sickness started to hit him again, forcing him to grab his face, nearly leaning into Loke and puking. "Point that somewhere else!" Loke yelled at the pink-headed boy. Ever since Gildarts first saw (Y/n) and Natsu as children and their affection for each other, he has been waiting for them to get together. He silently fangirled to himself, 'they could be the strongest couple in Fiore'.

 He silently fangirled to himself, 'they could be the strongest couple in Fiore'

Lucy tilted her head, "I need an Ice Cream cone ASAP.." She slowly opened her eyes to be greeted by Tenrou island. "Wow, that's Tenrou island? It looks kind of..ugly." the blonde said as she stood up. "You think? I think it's kind of manly," stated Elfman, "It's an island on top of an island?" Wendy questioned. The next thing the participants knew Erza, and (Y/n) were dressed and ready. "There is a legend about this island, that it was once populated by Fairies," said Makarov. He surprised the group as they watched him come out of the shadows wearing a Hawaiian shirt with shorts. "Is the legend true?" asks Lucy, "Nobody knows, but the island is of great importance to our guild. It's the resting place of our first Master Mavis Vermilion." Master stated. "And you're going there dressed like that!" Gray pointed at their Master's choice of clothes. "Says the nudest to the stylish man." He responded fanning himself off. "Yeah, Gray, do mind putting on some clothing," Lucy asks. "Now for the first round of the trial, you will all meet at the smokestack right over there." he said as he pointed to the smoke rising, "You will choose one of the eight passageways. There is only one passage for each team, so choose wisely and don't doddle." He moved his hand and a map popped up showing all the S-class mage's faces in different areas. "Each tunnel will have different obstacles. Those who make it through will persist onto the next round." Everyone was staring at the map in awe. "Damn." Gray said, "Hey! Where did Erza, (Y/n), Gildarts, and Mira go!" Lucy asks as the rest turned to look for the mages. "They have already left for the island preparing for you to battle them. Gildarts, Mira, and Erza are going to be in three of the eight tunnels. (Y/n) on the other hand, will battle the team that makes it to the end. To become an S-class mage, you have to beat her." Everyone's jaw dropped, except for Natsu, that is. "Oh yeah! I'm fired up now!" Master continued, "There are the combat routes where two teams will meet and will battle, and the winner moves on. The battle routes will be a team against one of the S-class mages. You will need quality teamwork and a lot of luck." Everyone was murmuring to each other, "WHAT. HOW DO YOU TEST THAT." Master smiled, "Your Trial starts now."

While the participants are battling it out in round one (Y/n) and Makarov are waiting for the remaining teams to make it out to start the next round

While the participants are battling it out in round one (Y/n) and Makarov are waiting for the remaining teams to make it out to start the next round. "I wish I was in these battles, or even better watching them! I could pull up a chair, eat some popcorn and laugh at the failures of my comrades.. huh if only." (Y/n) mumbled to herself, causing Makarov to chuckle. "You haven't changed a bit. Remember when you had your S-class trial?" (Y/n) smiled to herself, "Yeah, that was one son of a bitch, I still find it crazy that I made it out alive. I barely beat Gildarts at all." Makarov admires (Y/n)'s humbleness, but she kicked Gildarts ass. Even when she was worn out, she pushed through. After the S-class trial, Gildarts challenged (Y/n) to a full-out battle to see who truly is stronger. (Y/n) agreed, and to no surprise, Kicked his ass again. That's how she became known as the strongest mage in Fairytail. "I'm excited to see who makes it to S-class this year! I bet my money on Natsu or Cana. They have the most motivation." Makarov smiled, "So about you and Natsu.." he hummed as he looked at (Y/n) whose face turned beet red. "W-what about me and N-Natsu??? Nothing is going on!" Makarov continued to smile. "What is it! Why are you smiling!" (Y/n) said as her face got redder. Makarov smiled brighter. Moments later, Levy and Gajeel came out of the serenity route. "I can't believe we didn't get to fight anyone!" Gajeel shouted as Levy light-heartedly laughed at his anger. "Congratulations, Levy and Gajeel, you two are the first ones back. Take a seat and wait for the rest to follow." Levy smiled brightly as (Y/n) ran up to hug Levy and Gajeel. (Y/n) grabbed Gajeel by the neck and pulled him down with her left arm as her right arm linked around Levy's neck. "I'm so proud of you two! Way to use the Luck of a Fairy Tail mage! That is very hard to tap into!" Gajeel was now unable to breathe, as well as Levy. "U..uh... (y/n)... c-c...can't...BREATHE." (Y/n) quickly let go, "Sorry you guys! Bad habit of mine!" She smiled nervously as Lucy and Cana followed behind. Makarov repeated his statement, "Congratulations, Canna and Lucy, you two are the second ones back. Take a seat along with levy and Gajeel." (Y/n) ran up to them as well, squeezing them to death. "Who did you guys battle! Was it a good battle? Was there any blood drawn??" The two girls looked at her as they gasped for breath at their release. "She's kind of scary right now..." Lucy whispered to Cana, "You have no idea." (Y/n) was about to ask them another question when Natsu and Happy came. "Natsu and Happy! I knew you two would make it!" she said as she ran and hugged both of them. Natsu was surprised by the hug but gladly reciprocated as Happy was squashed between her and Natsu. "Who did you guys battle!" She pulled away as she asked the question Natsu's mood went a little down as he said, "Gildarts..." (Y/n) hugged him again, "You did great Natsu." He smiled into her neck. Lucy and Cana were nudging each other, watching the two interact with each other. "Awe, aren't they so cute!" Lucy whispered to Cana as she smiled and nodded in reply. Even Makarov was smiling at the affection. They let go, and Natsu went and sat down. Then came Gray and Loke, "We beat Mest and Wendy." they replied after they could breathe again from (y/n)'s insane hug. Makarov moved closer, "It looks like all our winners are here now." (Y/n) replied. "Yes, everyone who passed is! LET'S MOVE ON TO THE NEXT ROUND!" she shouted with excitement until she gathered her composure back and smiled at their Master, "Sorry, continue, Master." she said as she smiled nervously. "Well, in that case, Cana and Lucy beat Fried and Bigslow, well-done ladies." Gray screamed, "HOW DID THEY BEAT THEM!" Makarov continued, "Natsu and Happy beat Gildarts," Gray again screamed, "WHAT HIM TOO!" "Levy and Gajeel picked the serenity route." Gajeel twitched his eye as he yelled, "This sucks!" "and of course, as Gray just announced, he and Loke defeated Mest and Wendy." "Where's Juvia?" questioned Gray. (Y/n) responded, "Lisanna and Juvia faced Erza's wrath and sadly, luck was not on their side." Gray spoke, "Oh, poor guys, that sucks big time..." Lucy asked, "What about Elfman and Evergreen?" Gray responded, "Well, with the process of illumination... oh no... they went against... Mira." Lucy smiled weakly. "Oh, no wonder why they didn't make it." Footsteps were heard from behind as Elfman and Evergreen ran toward them. "Wait! don't count us out yet!" Yelled Elfman as he and Evergreen join the group. "Awesome!" (Y/n) said as she went and hugged the banged-up duo, "How did you beat Mira?" Lucy asked as Makarov still had a shocked look on his face. "Uh, well a real man doesn't reveal his wins..." Elfman said as Evergreen continued, "Let's just say we took the opportunity of surprise." Lucy looked at them confused. "What does that mean?" Makarov finally continued, "Ok then, back to the trial everyone, It's time for round 2!"

                                                                                              ❣