Chapter 13: Meeting the Ex

Start from the beginning

His eyes were stinging.

Small hands moving from his side, Jimin looked at your arm that was laying lifelessly at your side. There were imprints of blood under your skin, collected and looking like a hand, it was obvious to him that your mother had been holding on to you while she slept at your side the entire night and day. Jimin bounced his gaze to the door and to you numerous times before he swallowed the lump at his throat and continued to do what he was here to do.

Hands shaking a little, he did it. He touched you.

From the first tap, Jimin felt nothing but his heart racing and eyes starting to sting further for other reasons he wasn't comfortable admitting and sharing yet. If he did, it would sadden him.

Fingers moving to lightly massage the blood clusters that created images on your hand and arm, Jimin's fingers eventually made it to your hand and he smiled, tears at his eyes when there was a jolt that stroked up and down his arm. Glancing over at the machines attached to you, he read the frequency of your heart on one screen and laughed breathily when seeing your heart starting to race faster.

Smiling like an idiot, the boy chuckled before looking back to your face. Feeling as if he was doing something, something productive, it all ended when the spark died, your heart went back to a steady pace and the feeling of your fingers on his didn't make his own heart skip a beat. Cute smile fading and a tear successfully leaving his eye, Jimin watched his theory cave in on itself.

It didn't work.

Jimin's jaw clenched. Letting your hand go and moving to wipe his eyes, the boy's fingers scrunched in as he rubbed his eyes for a long while. Loving the feeling and seeing as it helped him not to cry more, it did make his eyes redder than ever when having his fingers fall back to his sides.

Jimin's lips parted and closed, parted and closed, only to slowly start to tremble under the mask, "I-I, I don't know what to do Y/N," he said slowly, hating how water seemed to be burning his vision again, "I can't figure it out and I-I-" His lips pursed shut. Jimin stopped talking to your body completely as his empty gaze moved towards the door that opened with a knock.

Jimin swallowed hard, stepping away from your side when blue hair popped into the room and a pale and beautiful face smiled in awkwardness before walking in. The idol was quick to awkwardly laugh when the girl unknown to him started to smile and ask questions.

"I was a friend of hers and asked for her room number from the front," Jimin claimed quick before the girl could ask for his name. "I had to come and see her."

The beautiful girl that was once awkward seemed to relax a little. Jimin saw her shoulder's roll back as she moved with her coffee to the opposite side of the hospital bed. Her blue hair was long and messy, almost as if she hadn't left your side along with your Mother who wasn't present – thankfully. The last Jimin wanted was a room full of questions questions questions he didn't have the answers to; getting caught was the last on his list.

"A friend?" she asked with a pained chuckle, her eyes narrowing as she sat down on a chair and glanced at your body. Her eyes were back on Jimin who shifted back awkward and continued, "From where exactly?"

"...school," Jimin's voice piped out, the sweat from his hair starting to move to the mask he wore.

The girl nodded really slowly. The awkwardness, the surprise, and the want for Jimin to leave quickly didn't sit right with her. She could see he was really jumpy and that made her uncertain for his intentions here in the first place – the mask and sweating didn't help. She played off her curiousity with a joke, "You going to take your mask off so I can formally greet you?"