Chapter ①③

Chapter ①③

I've never been one to understand the controversy over a so called "good morning" text. Maybe it's because I've never gotten one before, but I've just never really seen the value in them. Wouldn't a "good morning" call be better because you get to hear the person's voice? Or even just being able to wake up every day and have the ability to be with someone you'd want to wish a good morning to?

But who am I kidding? Here I am wholeheartedly believing it was just a silly relationship expectation our generation fabricated until I actually got one.

Good morning beautiful.

All it took were three words from a charismatic green eyed boy to have me smiling like a goofball. My thumbs hover over the keys as I debate whether I should reply, but then the words get ripped away from me.

"Hey!" I automatically yell. My head lifts up to find the culprit only to find out the culprit is my best friend. The meaningfulness that hid behind those three words and worries of not only mine, but mainly Mason's privacy has me immediately reaching to rip the phone back, but before I know it, it gets handed over to Georgia.

"Madeline!" she gushes after reading the text and promptly handing my phone back to me.

"Adeline and Mason sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G," Mia starts singing like an elementary school kid.

I fight the urge to roll my eyes. "Seriously?"

She just grins. "First comes love, then comes marriage—"

"Then comes a baby in a baby carriage!" Georgia finishes.

"Not you too!" I groan, but instead of relenting at my annoyance they both flash me with their grins.

"Adeline and Mason sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G..." They both sing together, and I start to walk ahead in attempt to get away. Now why am I friends with these people?

"...Then comes the baby in the baby carriage! Oh! Adeline and Mason sitting in a tree..." They don't stop even as we enter the theater.

I stare them down gesturing to the Mrs. Banks, but that just makes them sing louder.

"Mrs. Banks! Tell them to stop!" I half whine half yell running towards her.

"All right girls, I think that's enough." She comes over to pat my back as both of their mouths open again to start another round. "I think Mason already bothers her enough. She doesn't need the extra headache."

"You mean Mason already likes her enough." The amusement dances behind Mia's eyes just as the doors at the front of the theater slam open.

"Let's get this party started!" Ben bellows as him and the guys step in, but when he sees we are the only ones in the theater he quickly ends the overdramatic fist pump.

"Well." Mrs. Banks claps her hands. "Since you're all here early I have an announcement." She waits for the guys to reach us before continuing. "Since the play is tomorrow, and the only thing left to do is rehearse with the kids, I don't think you guys need to stay here all day, so after lunch you can go be your jolly teenage selves. Jolly responsible teenage selves." She sends us all a stern look before shrugging. "Plus, Victoria kindly mentioned there's going to be a little street carnival she doesn't want you guys to miss."

"Ooh yes! Ferris wheel all the way!" Ben gives Andrew and Mason high fives.

Mrs. Banks chuckles. "Oh no, it's not like that. It's more like a festival with shopping and food kiosks, no rides."

"Aw," Ben groans like a little kid, and we all laugh. He's like a five year old trapped in an eighteen year olds body.

****