21. Comforting Times

Start from the beginning

The girls came forward hugging the brothers individually except for Marcus because he didn't want to put Deva down. The girls practically clung to them before the brothers had to pull themselves away. Julia was the only one not clinging to one probably because the brother she wanted to say bye to had his hands full. She wished them farewell, and they were all out.

"Marcus, do you have to go? I'm too comfortable to let go now." Deva confessed.

"I told you I was comfy."

"Yeah, yeah. So what exactly are you guys going to be up to?" They never elaborated.

"There was a lycan sighting towards the border of one of the sea banks."

Deva dropped her legs to the floor so Marcus let her go. "I thought they were extinct in this kingdom."

Darius moved closer crossing his arms over his chest. "They're supposed to be, but some villagers supposedly saw one. We are going down there to see for ourselves."

Worry and concern crossed over Deva's face. Darius smiled with warmth and caressed her face with his hands trying to smooth down her worried lines. "Why do you look so troubled?"

She frowned as she stared into his eyes. "You guys can get hurt."

"Nothing will happen to us. I promise sweetheart. We are hundreds of years old; our strength is ten times that of a lycan's. They can't harm us."

"You're lying."

He sighed and wondered how she could always see through him. "They won't even get close to us. We have Lucian on our side."

It did give Deva some relief to know that, but she remembered reading that a lycan bite could potential kill a vampire.

"They better not hurt you guys."

"And what would you do if they did?" She turned to Lucian's curious face while still in Darius' hands.

"I would personally kick some lycan butt before scolding you for lying to me about your safety."

Darius leaned in and kissed her forehead. "I'm going to miss you every second of every minute." He said with a laugh.

Lucian came up from behind and pulled her into an embrace. "Behave while we're gone."

"Of course I will. You can always teleport back to see me."

"Is that an invitation?"

She nodded. "Yup but that's only if you come with gifts."

"Whatever you want baby."

"Ok enough my turn for good bye," Marcus cut in. "I promise to make my good bye unforgettable."
She giggled as he stood in front of her. Marcus knelt on one knee and held her hands as if he was going to propose.

"Oh gosh. Please don't tell me you have a ring too."

"He better not." She heard both Lucian and Darius mutter a little angered.

Marcus rolled his eyes at their outburst. "Deva, dear divine Deva. Will you please wait for my return? Because knowing a beautiful maiden such as yourself is waiting for me to come home would only give me strength when I feel weak, fill me with hope when I feel helpless, make me brave when I am frightened," he was exaggerating every word. Deva put her hand over his mouth to silence him.

"Thank you," Darius said from behind.

"If I say yes will you stop," she giggled.

He nodded under her hand. "Then yes dear handsome prince of my dreams I will wait for thee." Marcus got up and she hugged him. "Just don't go kill yourselves."