30. Chosen Queen

Deva stayed in bed for two days with a fever. The King ordered the doctor to come and examine her. Her warm sweaty forehead was heating up every time he checked her temperature.

The doctor explained to the King and Queen that the only logical reasoning for her fever was because of all the stress she had been going through. He gave them medicine to give her every few hours that was supposed to bring her back to normal.

Lucian stayed by her side the whole time. Deva didn't really wake between the two days. The whole family secretly panicked as they watched her weak body burning up. As instructed they gave Deva the medicine and her fever broke. By the end of the second day, Deva finally opened her eyes to a very concerned Lucian.

"What happened?" Her weak voice was dry.

"You had a fever." Lucian pressed a glass of water to her lips, and she instantly felt better.

"How long?"

"Two days."

Deva dropped her gaze to her hands. How could it be two days? She felt fine earlier. Lucian looked exhausted and Deva knew she was the cause of the problem.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine Loosh." She forced a smile on her face to reassure him. "I'm in no pain. I promise."

The door burst open and in came Marcus and Julia. Marcus used his inhuman speed to rush to her side of the bed. He pulled Deva into a tight hug, and she welcomed it.

"You scared me half to death Deva. Don't ever do that again."

"Hate to break it to you love, but you're already dead." She tried to joke.

Marcus pulled away to examine her face. "And you're still alive so let's keep it that way."

"I'm perfectly fine now. I promise."

Julia was next. "Deva I'm so glad you're okay."

"Me too Juls."

"Deva!" She heard an excited Izzy shout.

"Iz."

Izzy made her way towards them and smiled when she saw Deva's healthier self. "You look so much better."

"Well I feel great. So stop worrying about me. Honest I'm fine." She really did feel okay. Nothing hurt or ached besides her butt which was probably lying in bed for far too long. She threw her legs over the side of the bed despite their bodies in the way and she stood.

"Deva what are you doing?" Marcus took her hand to help her steady herself.

"I've been stuck in that bed for far too long. I want to stretch."

He helped her walk towards the table, but as soon as she gained the strength in her legs, she forced him to let go.

"Well I'm glad to see you're better." Izzy chippered. "The ball was scheduled for tomorrow, but was delayed due to your ill state."

"Do you think we could still do it tomorrow?" Deva asked and all eyes were on her like she was crazy or something.

"Deva you just got up. You shouldn't worry yourself over the ball." Lucian tried to sound sympathetic.

"I want to get it over with, and I'm perfectly fit to do it. I feel ten times better now. I don't want to wait Loosh."

"Deva the choice is up to you." Izzy reassured.

"Then tomorrow." Deva said as her final word.

Izzy clapped her hands together. "Yay I'll go prepare everything then." She kissed Deva on the cheek before walking out with a bounce to her steps.