[ four: "we mean business!" ]

LIGHT STREAMED INTO THE ROOM through the blinds, casting lines across Dylan's face. her face scrunched up, her eyes squinted as she fought to open her eyes. Her icy blue eyes opened fully and adjusted to the light, making Dylan aware of her surroundings.

Immediately, a whiff of something burning made its way to the young girls nose. Dylan instantly thought of a hungover Andre and Alex attempting to make breakfast. This brought a smile to her rosy face as she got out of bed, throwing a hoodie on before trudging to the kitchen.

Rubbing sleep from her eyes, Dylan stopped when she reached the kitchen, a yawn escaping her lips. "Hey! Good morning sleeping beauty!" Alex exclaimed, walking over to the hungover girl, wrapping his arms around her shoulders to guide her to the table. "See, I told you Andre. You burn something, she'll jump outta bed. I meant to do that." Alex nodded proudly, placing a burnt pancake on her plate.

"Thanks," Dylan yawned again, still not completely awake.

Andre walked over and placed two pills beside Dylan's plate, reading her mind. "You're welcome," he chuckled.

"Okay, c'mon sit sit, we need to talk. We need to have a business meeting." Alex ordered, plopping down with his plate full of food.

Andre followed a few minutes after, sitting across from Alex, Dylan at the head of the table. "Yeah, we should probably talk." Andre agreed, taking a bite of his food, groaning in pleasure with how good it was.

"Alright, have you boys talked to anyone?" Dylan inquired, taking a strawberry and plopping it into her mouth.

Alex snorted, "have we talked to anyone? Of course we have. We mean business here." Andre only nodded, too caught up in eating to take a break. "Yeah, I talked to Crosby. That didn't go very well. He didn't even hear me out."

Andre nodded, swallowing his food, he finally spoke. "Yeah same, I talked to McDavid. He let me explain everything, then shut me down." Andre was clearly pissed, taking another bite of his food mumbling, "bitch." Alex and Dylan gave him a look, and he immediately shrugged. "I wasted my breath, he could've just told me no in the first place."

Dylan hadn't said anything, she was really rethinking everything. Alex was right, they couldn't do this without her.

"You guys are idiots. Andre, you know Connor, and Alex, you know Sidney. Of course they're going to say no. We're three people, and I don't even know what we're going to do to accomplish this—" She gestured to the three of them. "— Whatever this is. If we want to get a group of people together, you need to go after the ones who really want this, first." The boys seemed to understand, nodding as they continued to eat. "First, we reach out to the ones that will do whatever it takes. Sid and Connor, yeah they want to go, but they aren't getting all worked up about it. Now Malkin on the other hand..."

Alex perked up at this, looking up from his plate, he nodded excitedly. "I think Kuznetsov has his number." Dylan nodded, racking her brain for anyone else that would do anything to get to the Olympics.

Andre had finished off the last of his food, "yeah, if Malkin comes, he'll make Crosby come too."

"Exactly, and if Sid wants to help, McDavid will most likely give in too," Dylan added.

Alex chuckled to himself, swirling his fork around his plate. "If McDavid's helping, Eichel will definitely want to help."

This earned laughter from everyone, thinking of the rivalry between the first two draft picks. "I'm not sure, but Stamkos definitely has a reason for wanting to go to Korea," Andre pointed out.

"Okay, so get some of these guys' numbers, then give them to me. I want to make the calls," Dylan said, knowing she'd have a better chance of persuading them then the boys.

Alex and Andre were deep in thought, writing down names on their napkins. Alex jumped up in his chair, "Seguin is pretty crazy, he'll wanna help. If he's in, he'll bring Benn." A huge grin plastered Alex's face as his plan was coming together.

"Isn't that called the domino effect?" Andre asked, pausing to look up.

"Indeed it is," Dylan smiled.

Alex grinned at the girl, "and it all was started by you, Lockhart."

[authors note]
i hope you like this!!!
ik dylan will talk with
a few players next chapter,
let me know who you want
them to be! :)