Liam’s POV

Getting the perfect present on Christmas morning.

Watching the sunset go down while sitting on the sand at the beach.

That chill you get in your bones at a concert from the loud music and the infinite feeling of being free.

None of those things, none of them. None of those things could ever replace what I felt when I kissed Harley Evans for the first time.

Neither of us wanted to pull away, but when I realized I had stopped breathing, and was in desperate need of oxygen, I had no other choice.

When I looked back at her, she was just smiling, and her cheeks were the lightest shade of red.

“You’re a pretty good kisser….” She said, and I laughed. We sat in silence for a while, her tapping on the steering wheel and me pulling at a thread in my pants.

“Do you want to go in?” She asked me, and I looked at the house. I didn’t really want to leave the bubble that we had put ourselves in.

“Not really….” I said, and she nodded, turning on the engine. I could tell from how she gripped the wheel, that she didn’t want to leave our bubble too.

----------------------------------------

“Thanks for…. tonight.” I said, before getting out of the car. It was just about 10, if the clock on her dash was telling the truth.

She nodded, and turned to me, grinning. “I guess I’ll see you around?” She said, her voice faltering at the last moment, like she was unsure if I wanted to see her again or not.

“Of course.” I said, and her smile lifted, happy with my response. I smiled too, happy that she wanted to see me again, just as bad as I wanted to.

“Okay.” She said, and I nodded, unsure if I should kiss her or not. I settled for a quick peck on the nose, and then jumped out of the car.

I heard her laugh as she pulled away. “Okay.” I said to myself, and watched her drive off down the street.

--------------------------------------

“Thanks for leaving us behind last night, idiot.” Jake said, walking into homeroom late with Chewy following close behind.

He did a double take, and scrunched his eyebrows. “Did you get a haircut?” He said, and I remembered what Harley had done with my hair the night before.

Before I could answer, the bell rang. I had been saved by the bell. Unironically.

------------------------------------

“What even was that party though?” Chewy said, as we walked towards biology. “Harley invited me to go, and I was trying to prove a point to some guys that-” “Wait wait wait. Harley invited you? Harley Evans?”

I rolled my eyes, not seeing as to why this was such a big deal. “Yeah.” I said, and Chewy just looked at me completely confused.

“I’m confused. You mean that goth chick who wears all that red stuff on her face invited you to her friend’s house party?” He said. I looked at him, and it took a lot for me not to break his face in.

“First of all, she’s not goth. Second of all, she doesn’t have red stuff all over her face.” I said, through almost gritted teeth. I didn’t know why I was being so defensive, but just the way Chewy was talking about her set a fire off inside of me.

He put his hands up in defeat, and laughed nervously. “Okay okay. Don’t need to get all hot and bothered.” Chewy said, and I backed down. “But you still owe Jake and I for bailing on his party the other night.” He said.

I looked over at him, as we walked into the classroom. Mr. Green said hello to all of us, and I noticed I had gotten here before Harley.

“Details to come, but my house. This weekend. Big party. And you better make an appearance.” Jake said, and I just nodded before he walked past me to his desk all the way in the back.

The bell rang, and Mr. Green called the class to attention. I looked over at Harley’s empty seat, and started to wonder where she possibly could be.

----------------------------------

Harley’s POV

“Liam and Harley sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” Sang Niall as I walked into his living room the next morning.

“Don’t you mean car?” Called out Zayn, and Perrie hit him on the chest with a pillow. “Will you leave her alone? It’s not every day our baby girl gets her first kiss.” She said to Zayn in a playfully harsh tone.

I sat down on the couch next to Harry, who was grinning from ear to ear. “Was it everything you imagined and more?” He said, and I rolled my eyes, huffing. I did not skip school to be tormented by a bunch of clowns.

“Did his lips taste like gumdrops and rainbows?” Louis asked, setting his head on his hands. I was so close to biting back a comment that would for sure get me a raised eyebrow, but instead kept it to myself.

“Tell me more, tell me more, was it love at first sight?” Niall said, egging me on. I could’ve clocked him. I should’ve.

“So are we calling him Sandy, and you Danny, or….?” Zayn said, biting his tongue. Perrie shook her head, before hitting him on the chest again.

“No. You can call him Liam, and me Harley.” I said, and Zayn nodded, before laughing.

“No but seriously, how was it?” Perrie asked me, once all the guys had moved on to a different subject other than comparing my life to a film from the 70’s.

I just smiled, because that was all I could do. That feeling in that moment was unexplainable. It was better than words.

-------------------------------------------