Chapter 17

Olive's POV
  Today is the day I go back to Hogwarts. I got dressed in jeans, a purple long sleeve shirt, and my boots. I was going to pull my trunk down the steps when my dad walked in. He grabbed my trunk and my hand and we apparated to Kings Cross Station. I sat on the trolley that was holding my trunk and River. My dad ran and we went through the barrier. I pulled my luggage into an empty compartment. I put it in the luggage holder and sat down. I knew my dad was on the train but he was with some if the teachers. Hermione was dragging her luggage and I saw her hair to know she was close. She saw me too and came into the compartment. "How was your holiday?"
"Great, very interesting though how about yours, Hermione?"
"Mine was fantastic." I shut the compartment door and looked at Hermione.
"Do you reckon Harry or Ron found out anything?"
"I doubt it, it is Harry and Ron." We started laughing then we heard a knock on the compartment door. "What does Malfoy want?"
"Hermione, I will see." I stood up and opened the compartment door and walked out of it.
"Hello, Olive."
"Hi, Draco." He took my arm and pulled me further from the compartment window. He kissed me on the lips for a few seconds.
"You can go to your friend."
"Will you can her by name?"
"Can I call her Granger?"
"Yes, just not 'Mudblood.'"  He kissed me one more time and sent me back to the compartment.
"What did he want?"
"He just wanted to know about Defense Against the Dark Arts class."
"Oh okay." I could tell she didn't believe me. We both got our robes on and got out of the train. We ran to the school and ran inside. "Let's go into the common room." Hermione and I were walking upstairs and pulling our luggage with us. We got to Gryffindor tower finally we said the password and pulled our luggage into the common room. The portrait hole shut and we pulled our luggage further into the common room.
    "Ron, Harry," I shouted and they came running into the common room. Ron ran over to me and picked me up and spine around. Harry did the same to Hermione then they switched and Harry did what Ron did to me. We went and sat down Next to the fire.
"Olive, are you hiding something from us?"
"No, Ron why."
"You seem to be looking like you are distracted."
"I am not hiding anything." I got up and immediately walked to the Portrait hole and walked out of it. I walked to the moving stairs and sat on one of the staircases. I felt the staircase start to move. I had my face in my knees while sitting on the steps. I looked up and saw the staircase going to the Slytherin stairs. I buried my face back in my knees and let the stairs take me where ever it felt like.
"Draco, are you sure she is okay," I heard my dad coming up the steps with Draco. Ugh fantastic. I just hid my face and kept my head down.
"Olive, baby what is wrong?" Draco pulled me up.
"I lied to my friends about hiding something from them."
"Well, are you hiding something from them?"
"Yeah I Draco you." A tear ran down my face and I shook him off of me. I walked down the staircase and my dad tried to grab me too but I shook him off of me too. I ran down the steps and just let my feet keep taking me where ever they want to go. I walked down a corridor and found McGonagall's office. I knocked and I didn't even realize I did until she opened the door.
"Olive, are you okay?"
"I don't know Professor."
"Come in, and we will talk about it." I walked into her office and sat down. "What is wrong Olive?"
"Okay first off I had a really eventful break."
"What do you mean?" I told her everything that happened from my mom's side of the family's party to the part when my dad mouthed the words 'death water's to my mom.  "Okay Olive, well are you okay?"
"I don't know Professor, I really have a lot going on."
"Yeah I understand that, but what else is there."
"Okay, I am also dating Draco and I can't tell Ron, Harry, or Hermione because they won't agree with it."
"Well if they don't agree then you guys just agree to disagree. I know it is hard to date someone in a different house than you, especially for Gryffindor and Slytherin with the rivalry between the two."
"I know and I can't focus at the moment."
"I was sitting on the moving staircases and Draco and my dad came up and they tried to comfort me. I just couldn't take it so I shook Draco off of me and my dad. I ran down the stairs and let my feet take me anywhere they wanted to. I ended up here and I am here now talking to you."
"Olive, you have a lot going on. I can try to talk to them about it."
"No, no, no, no. I don't want that."
"Olive, -"
"Could Draco be using me?  The rivalry and he just wants our weaknesses."
"Listen I don't think so I can see the way he looks at you."
"Thank you Professor."
"Anytime Olive." I stood up and she also stood up. She stopped me before I could walk out the door. "Wait before you leave I wanted you to know that not everyone in Slytherin has a rivalry for Gryffindor." She hugged me and pushed me out the door. I walk back to the Gryffindor tower and through the portrait hole. I step into the common room and there is Harry, Ron, and Hermione sitting there in the same seats still. They seem to be discussing something. I walk closer but the don't see me.
"Look I think Olive is dating Draco."
"Why Ron you think that Hermione?"
"Ron I was on the express with her she came back smiling after Draco came to talk to her about "Defense Against the Dark Arts"." They don't think I tell them the truth. I ran up to the girls dormitories and covered myself up. I started to cry until I cried myself to sleep.