9

The shifter's world suddenly faded to a fuzzy blur, the tree's earthy colours appearing to blend with each other and make her surrounded see a daze. She caught her breath and watched her foot blunder. The ground swaying from under as she hadn't realised her own recklessness on the Titan's arm.

She had slipped.

Brain pounding and ears smothered in an invisible barrier that crushed her cranium, her adrenaline boosted her up. Hastily she snagged some skin, digging her nails in so tight and desperate it pierced the titan's arm. Of course, he couldn't feel it but he anxiously made swoops for the girl on his arm and primed himself up in case she could fall. But she jumped away like a daredevil, a brash move when you're more than 30 metres from the ground.

The Raven thrashed in the air, attempting to skip low as the girl had pleaded for her assistant but the titan's fat fingers was a merciless blockade. The raven was at a lost for words, her confidence plummeted and she didn't know what to do. What could she do? The girl had begged for her help but she herself how no idea how to defeat a Titan. Often she deceived humans but titans were much different in comparisons because they were the ones on top of the food change, not humans. And it was bloody clear why.

"RAVEN HELP ME!" The young girls screamed again, knocking the raven out her thoughts. For the past minutes, she flapped idly, her glossy eyes ignoring the war between a girl and a monster.

Back to its senses, the raven swooped closer and avoided a hand narrowly. "Go for the neck!" Her voice cried from within her throat, her beak swinging open and squawking but not the words. It was the first thing she thought of. A natural instinct in most predators and surprised herself for she was no predator.

The girl, already sick to the stomach and arms weak, barely heard the reply before spurting in her energy to hoist herself on the arm. The titan still bashed on his arm, his hand in a fist as he became more infuriated. "STAY STILL!"

"NEVER!" (Your Name) rebelled, from a normal child would receive discipline in a normal situation, but this was no ordinary situation. She recovered her bearing, despite her aching knees crying out in pain, hankering on and on to collapse but she had none of it and sprinted onwards up the arm. Her whole body shook with pain and her breaths were bumpy yet she still staggered forward.

'Go for the neck, go for the neck' repeated senselessly in her mind as he feet dashed on the arm, edging closer to the neck, 'go for the neck. GO FOR THE NECK' She couldn't think of anything else and didn't see the huge, beastly talon redress a child's supple fingers on her (right/left) hand.

"GO FOR THE NAPE!" The raven cried out again, remembering the familiar phrase used among soldiers back at home passing through as she remained hidden in the shadows. She said it louder and more passionate than any of their voices jeered. Angering the titan.

"SHUT UP FOOL!" He lunged for the bird, briefly forgetting his doll and taking clumsy steps forward. The bird flighted, however, diving into the troop of the trees behind her. The titan lost track of her without a second to blink, if he could that is. Her speed was terrific and her ink black plumage veiled her within the night and its ominous shadows.

'I'm sorry (Your Name)... I can't do this, you're on your own on this one.' The raven hoped for the best, a deep empty feeling deep in her stomach, a doubtful one.

Fixating himself back onto (Your Name), she gained ground in a matter of seconds he ignored her. Too close to his shoulder she pounced over it like a hurdle and crawled on his back like a spider. He slapped his back in feeble attempts to stop her but she scaled his spine like a wild animal pursuing its prey before reaching the back of his neck.