5

(Your Name) stomach twisted, not with agony but fear. What had happened- what had she become?

Tender kisses of feathers caressed her sides as she composed herself; the unfamiliar feeling of contact made her shoulders jerk. Started in alarm, she hastily glimpsed over her shoulder, releasing a delicate gasp at the extra arms of swaying feathers that we previously not there before. Suspended high, exposed, the snug brew of warm browns and whites merged in beautiful, abstract arrangements like devised paints on a canvas. So unbelievably mesmerising, (Your Name) gawked at herself. Despite only minutes ago, for the wings to be conceived like Greek statues, insisted on surges of torture, yet the elegance it conveyed was worth every second.

Or so... that's what she thought.

Restless in enthusiasm, (Your Name) smiled wildly, absentmindedly brush the silky feathers with her thumb and forefinger. She wooed over the sensation as if her wings were weaved threads of a spider's web, fragile and flawless. Cub sniffed the wings in fascination also, panting and snuggling up to his owner's leg as he shared his own charity of happiness. His owner was so awesome, she had wings! So cool! She was so aghast that she had to show someone. Peeping over to his crown of woolly, brown hair, Tree's head still hung low and oblivious, her gracious smile enlargened.

The wonder of a child.

How precious, so harmless, trusting and impulsive. Pure as an angel's song but dangerous as a Cupid's arrow, for no one is lucid of a sin and that sin of the child is rawness. She couldn't possibly be ready for responsibilities, burdens of growing up but...

We all started somewhere.

In one swift movement, (Your Name) plucked the necklace from off the earth and fumbled with the chain, nimbly attempting to click on the small gem. Cherishing it a final time, she hooked the chain, oddly feeling rejuvenated as it lolled on her chest. Finally, patting it beneath her pink dress, somehow managing to hang onto her even though ripped and revealed her entire back in the shimmer of the moonlight's stage, she frolicked away in enthusiasm.

Skipping over to Tree, (Your Name) had to express her excitement, "Tree! Tree!" She called out through squeals and laughter. Yet Tree failed to contradict as he pelleted his fist forcefully into the ground leaving a crater adjoining around his fist, sounds of aggravation rumbling harshly in his stomach and outwards of his throat. The abrupt BOOM of his tight-curled hand collision made (Your Name) spring out her skin, stumbling backwards and quivered slightly, watching in terror as the steam rose from the Titan's bloody knuckles.

"Can't you SEE I'm in the MIDDLE of something right NOW? Mourning your BEAUTIFUL mother's death?!" Tree roared ferociously, the intensity of Tree's wrath happened so quick... Tree had never acted this way before, always patient, grooming (Your Name) into comfort and assuring her safety within his loving and gentle hugs. In all truth, this was the first time (Your Name) had witnessed the titan angry. What had she done wrong?

Speechless, she didn't know whether to say sorry or stay silent as she was seized in the heavy diamond of horror. Merely watching Tree body raise with each uneven inhale, suddenly feeling like she was surrounded and couldn't escape for she was too paralysed.  That was until Tree's rough breathing appeased and he released a mighty sigh, nevertheless little (Your Name) was horrified. Even if the Titan had calmed down.

Eyes locked onto the ground, Tree exhaled vigorously, "My doll... Forgive me, I was overtaken by the anger of losing your mother but you did interrupt me. You're the one to blame.

I loved her, you know? My sweet baby? She was beautiful, purer than damned ugly angel's wings. You know how much you look like her right? So lovely. So sweet that I could just crush you between my fingers and admire you all day and night, hmm." Tree hummed in contentment, his child WAS alluring, he obliged himself to protect her. "I love you (Your Name) because you're so cute. Now let me see that cute face once mor--"